PT employee was told that because of future plans with Amazon...

Kevin222

Well, let me start off by saying that I'm not looking for jokes or smart butt replies, but I have a family and was really amped about going fulltime package. The problem is with all of the negative sentiment in our union, all of the issues with contracts still out, the union is divided, UPS and continued harrasment, name calling and in house division, etc. especially on this site and TDU, how in the heck are we going to survive? Read the news, I was told by management that because of Amazon there were going to be numerous jobs created and now it seems that they have future plans to take that work elsewhere in the future. When are we going to learn? Social media is provides instant gratification but is evil and the devil in sheeps clothing. I hope that we can move forward and celebrate the good without having to resort to all of the negativity. Just my thoughts. Seems that if your problems are really as bad as put on this site, you should take them up in the proper forum - your union meetings. Thats what I've been told and wholeheartedly agree. I think that we are heading to a very dark place. Unions already have a black eye an we ain't making it any better on this site.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Well, let me start off by saying that I'm not looking for jokes or smart butt replies, but I have a family and was really amped about going fulltime package. The problem is with all of the negative sentiment in our union, all of the issues with contracts still out, the union is divided, UPS and continued harrasment, name calling and in house division, etc. especially on this site and TDU, how in the heck are we going to survive? Read the news, I was told by management that because of Amazon there were going to be numerous jobs created and now it seems that they have future plans to take that work elsewhere in the future. When are we going to learn? Social media is provides instant gratification but is evil and the devil in sheeps clothing. I hope that we can move forward and celebrate the good without having to resort to all of the negativity. Just my thoughts. Seems that if your problems are really as bad as put on this site, you should take them up in the proper forum - your union meetings. Thats what I've been told and wholeheartedly agree. I think that we are heading to a very dark place. Unions already have a black eye an we ain't making it any better on this site.
Umm...haven't you worked like 10 minutes? Weren't you the one who was looking to get a Teamsters jacket because you finally made book?

Kevin222

I was asking again about the pt to ft bids and he brought up the news. I'll be damned if it wasn't already on bc home page.

Re-Raise

Better get a little thicker skin. If you get all frustrated about your future because of some complaining and a few negative comments in the news you should probably find a happier place to work.
Hate to break it to you but EVERYONE has a family, you aren't special.

Kevin222

I wasn't trying to be special, it was big news to know that there are training schools in progress and they were going to need a lot more people to be trained. Just being honest.

Re-Raise

So the people complaining on this site are keeping you from going full-time?
Or is it the people negotiating the contract that are keeping you from going full-time?

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
If I were you I would enjoy the job you have now. Because once you go into package, whatever you are doing right now will seem like a vacation. Just sit back, relax, and make some money. You will get called up sooner or later, until then don't worry and stress about all this other garbage.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Amazon will not completely abandon UPS or FedEx. In addition, the e commerce market will continue to grow big, and most of that will not be Amazon.

Lastly, UPS has stated they intend to invest in the network this year in response to the Peak debacle. Besides equipment, the simplest way to do so is the hiring of more personel.

UPSGUY72

You need to stop believing everything you read and get the facts first.

There are only (4) Four supplements and riders have yet to be resolved. the national contract has passed already just hasn't been implemented yet.

If you get a job a UPS like it and want to stay on long term you are not going to have a problem unless you have a problem with actually working, don't like to follow rules and think you can steal and not eventually get caught.

IF it wasn't for union the united states economy would be where it is today and workers would have a lot less rights then they do.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ok I read the article. Very interesting and if true ups and FedEx should drop amazon immediately. Here's why.

The only way to build a network is slowly or to buy an existing company. By continuing to deliver amazon stuff we allow them to slowly build a delivery network. I say cut them off and watch them crash and burn or make them sign a no competition agreement.

Amazon may soon find out that order fulfillment is they easiest part of getting a product from point a to b.

Amazon's profit margin is very thin (non existent). One step in the wrong direction and they are done for. I would not be surprised if they crash and burn in the next ten years.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We cannot cutoff a customer at will.
We are a common carrier which means we have to offer to our services to all.
We can require them to pay up front and stuff like that.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We cannot cutoff a customer at will.
We are a common carrier which means we have to offer to our services to all.
We can require them to pay up front and stuff like that.
Yeah. Cut them off from the discount is a better way to put it. Pay full price up front and see how long they last.

brown metal coffin

The drivers that work for "The Firm" are the best in the business; and although we charge a good amount for that Amazon is in for a rude awakening when they try to build the infrastructure of a delivery network from scratch. We have been in the game over 100 years and have become the top of the food chain in the area of industrial transportation; and if they think the can put their hands on their hips and say they can do it better they are misguided. No way can they handle peak the pressure and the post office will buckle during any shipping holiday let alone peak when inundated. Good luck Amazon... Good Luck... Will leave a light on for ya...

UPSGUY72

Yeah. Cut them off from the discount is a better way to put it. Pay full price up front and see how long they last.

Considering Amazon is now getting sued about their prime shipping and the people suing are trying to move it to a class action suit this would be a perfect time for UPS and Fed Ex to play there hand and stop giving discounts.