Puro western Canada

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by AirExpress, Jan 24, 2009.

1. AirExpress

AirExpress New Member

Hey has anyone heard that UPS has Puro in court in western Canada or is this just a rumor?, Also how is the delivery service of ups packages from Puro?..Just courious to see.

thanks

2. jds4lunch

jds4lunch What the hell is YOUPS??

From what I hear, Purolator's service in our rural area is garbage. They refuse to deliver to farms, and pretty much anything with a COD on it gets RTS'd. Anything that has a farm address on it gets delivered to the post office in a nearby town and the customer has to come pick it up. We have more packages that show up at our centre with "hold at UPS depot" on them since switching to Purolator.

3. AirExpress

AirExpress New Member

That's what I heard too. I'm hoping they don't fully switch as puro is killing ups service and plus my job be on the line if ups switches fully.

4. AirExpress

AirExpress New Member

That's what I heard too. Puro is really killing ups ontime service and I really hope they don't switch fully as my job is on the line.

5. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

in the us I have delivered nda letters that had the purculator envenlop, and purculator waybill, but then on top is a ups thermal label...can someone explain this..probably a partnership??

6. BLACKBOX

BLACKBOX Life is a Highway...

Last I heard (read) was that Puro had a working partnership with DHL.

7. AirExpress

AirExpress New Member

Puro no longer deals with dhl, as they have ups shipping machines and convert all there int'l volume over to a ups thermal label.

8. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

yes, I see the letters a couple of times a week for one of my businesses.This has been going on for months.

9. AirExpress

AirExpress New Member

So you guy's think they will switch in Eastern Canada too?.

10. jds4lunch

jds4lunch What the hell is YOUPS??

Purolator delivers UPS rural volume in western Canada, and in exchange UPS delivers Purolator's international volume.

11. sealbasher

sealbasher Member

we are delivering puro pkgs in the US ans they do ours to the east coast ,at my building in Toronto.

12. Big Duke 6

Big Duke 6 New Member

Mutalator is making UPSers in Canada look bad! There's gotta be a plan in place to build our presence and brand name in Canada.

13. AirExpress

AirExpress New Member

I know Puro is making a bad name for UPS ontime service and I guess in the Maritimes UPS is not using Puro yet.