Question about FT driver pay progression.

davepr86

davepr86
I was hired as a FT driver about a month ago. I'm trying to determine what the pay progression is for my center but I can't seem to find the answer. During driving school I was told by HR that my starting pay rate would be $16.10 but it turns out my starting pay is actually $21.13. That was a great surprise but I'm just trying to nail down some solid answers as to how often we receive raises and what they should be. I'm also wondering if I keep the 2 weeks vacation time I had when I was part time. I'm under the impression that this kind of stuff varies around the country so if it helps, I work in SC. If someone could at least tell me where to get this information, I'd really appreciate it. No one that I work with seems to have any answers and I figure it has to be written down somewhere. Thanks!

davepr86

davepr86
Get a copy of your contract book with the local supplement. That is where you will find the answer.

Forgive me if I seem unwilling to do any leg work on my own but would you by chance know where I could get that? I tried using the local teamsters website but there was no contract to view.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You can ask all you want. What you'll need to do is badger them likely. Took me almost a year to get one.

Best chance is go to a union meeting and ask your BA.

newarkster

When I went from PT to FT 14 years ago they paid me off for all the vacations and sick days I had in the bank and I had to wait until the following May to get my sick days replenished.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Yeah, they're supposed to cash you out for any remaining time at your part time rate when you go full time including personal days, sick days & vaca, which is completely stupid because then you have no time left until the next fiscal year (May). Imagine going full time in June then not having any paid time available until the next May.