Question from another discussion thread.

beentheredonethat

I wonder if he realizes that drivers have the right to "politely" refuse to accept a package that appears as though it may not make it through our system. I am known as "The Shaker" as I shake suspect packages and will refuse to accept them if they don't pass the "Shake" test. If I have a potential damage on my car I will assess it and bring back undeliverable ones and let the customer inspect those that are not as bad.

I can't believe that I just read two paragraphs shifting blame on to the customer, for damages. Worse, I can't believe someone wrote it. ;) Even than that worse, they're in "management".

Sleeve_meet_heart,

Blame shift is a common form of shirking responsibility and accountability.

This happens in a faulty corporate culture.

It also happens in the lives of individuals.

This is wrong.

Sincerely,
I

I
obviously u didn't like my post and I followed up to explain better. Maybe you still think I am "shifting blame".

You never answered my question I asked you your question back to you. How can you work at ups if ups damages customers pkgs? Keep in mind if all sales folks did as you suggest and stop making sales then ups will go away eventually.

Upstate when I drove I did refuse pkgs also due to poor packaging etc.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I
obviously u didn't like my post and I followed up to explain better. Maybe you still think I am "shifting blame".

You never answered my question I asked you your question back to you. How can you work at ups if ups damages customers pkgs? Keep in mind if all sales folks did as you suggest and stop making sales then ups will go away eventually.

Upstate when I drove I did refuse pkgs also due to poor packaging etc.
beentheredonethat,

I liked your posts.

I need a job and no job or corporation is perfect, this may justify working for an imperfect entity but it doesn't justify wrong conduct.

I also hope for revival and positive change at UPS and I want to be part of it, or at least here if it happens.

I didn't suggest you should stop doing your job. If I did please cite this so I can check out my words and make the appropriate apology.

Sincerely,
I

beentheredonethat

beentheredonethat

A subset of B.D.?

Internally from a B.D. stand point how to do deal with the blatant chronic abuse of customers packages?
....I often wondered how BD people justified sellling a service(proper treatment of a customer's parcels) that just doesn't intentionally happen.
.......Sincerely,
I

beentheredonethat,

I liked your posts.

I need a job and no job or corporation is perfect, this may justify working for an imperfect entity but it doesn't justify wrong conduct.

I also hope for revival and positive change at UPS and I want to be part of it, or at least here if it happens.

I didn't suggest you should stop doing your job. If I did please cite this so I can check out my words and make the appropriate apology.

Sincerely,
I

I think it's funny that you started off with a question to me asking how we justify selling a service (which being a part of BD is my job). Yet when I ask you the question, your answer is I need a job and no job is perfect. It's pretty easy to be all high and mighty so long as no one asks you the same question as you ask others.

I fully and freely admit I do not know what occurs at every UPS facility all across the world. Are we perfect, I know we are not. Can we do better, yes, we can always do better. But to your specific questions I indicate that the customers I currently have, I don't have issues with damages or claims. As far as past customers, the ones that brought up package care\damages etc. They were the same ones that reused cardboard boxes. These were the same ones, that bought the cheap cardboard boxes also. We sent their packing material to our testing labs (at UPS expense) and showed them where they needed to improve. Yet the customer didn't want to spend extra on the proper packing material. Again, this is what I've seen first hand. Yet others call it blame shifting and you agree and sit all high and mighty.

Thanks but no thanks.. I think Hoaxster had it right about you.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It's just my opinion that , most of the time, the living hell is created when a shell game exists of moving blame and fault around, and no source of trouble can be identified.

I suggest a living hell is in a person's mind ... period.
At least in regards to the place you work ... just saying.