Question Needing Answer

Triple F

I work at Kinko's. The buyout stuff is on the main page but the links are inactive. We are part of Services and they are part of the buyout. Does this mean we are excluded? I don't get it. I guess they will just fire us instead of buyouts. Does anyone have insight?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
well this is one of those "good news/bad news deals

First, the bad news - yes, you're going to be fired
and now for the good news - Fred thanks you for your dedicated service

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Seriously,
I wouldn't expect anyone working at Kinkos to get any sort of buyout.
Even if you're a manager.

hypo hanna

If they fire all the Kinkos people, who is going to up-sell the customers reams of paper and ballpoint pens? Seriously, Kinkos was a pretty good company until FedEx got a hold of it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If they fire all the Kinkos people, who is going to up-sell the customers reams of paper and ballpoint pens? Seriously, Kinkos was a pretty good company until FedEx got a hold of it.

It was a great company until Fred put Satan's touch upon it. So were Viking, American Freightways and most of the other companies FedEx has purchased. As soon as the ink is dry on the sale contract, the takeaways begin and the process of Expressification begins, where everything that made the former company a quality organization is sucked-out and replaced with wholesale incompetence.

The only upside is that nobody refers to Kinko's as anything but Kinko's, which must really stick in Fred's craw.

Triple F

This sucks. I was hoping to get a buyout after 11 years. Hate this job and could use a buyout. Stores make no money. Why pay high paid people to surf the internet all day?

Triple F

Many center managers make over 75000. Many cashiers make 18-20 an hour. Oh well-,I'll just go back to my movie watching at work contest with my friends.

vantexan

Many center managers make over 75000. Many cashiers make 18-20 an hour. Oh well-,I'll just go back to my movie watching at work contest with my friends.

I'm not sure why you are complaining? If it pays that well and you have loads of free time why don't you put that time to good use? Take some classes and study at work. Make investments and follow the markets. Write a novel. Or just enjoy having free time while being paid well. Couriers are underpaid and have to stay in motion all day. Not seeing your problem...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Whenever I drive by a Kinko's during the day, it's empty. Not like it used to be at 1600 when there were people lined-up 10 deep. I think FedEx has sunk another formerly successful brand. BZ, Fred!

Triple F

I'm not complaining, really. It's a job of nothingness and I'd take a buyout. Not like I want to do anything for the company. It's a shame real employees work hard and Office employees get overpaid to do less.

SmithBarney

Well if that is what they are truly paying at Office/Kinko's no wonder it's a bleeding ship, managers should be 45-50k a year + performance hourlys should be 10-14 + sales performance