Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Guru, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Guru

Guru New Member

Well I plan on leaving UPS soon because school is about to start and I want to enjoy a few weeks on vacation before it does. What I want to know is what's the best way to resign as a Package Handler (Preloader)? One my cousins who was an Unloader told me to e-mail HR with your employee ID and name and just state you quit. I thought about that, but would like your opinion first before I proceed. Any suggestions?
  2. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

I would always let the bosses and/or human resources know of your intentions; especially since its for school. You never know what the future holds and it always leaves a possibility of a return one day or at least a good reference for another job. No need to burn a bridge.
  3. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I would give them two weeks notice.
  4. fethrs

fethrs Well-Known Member

Let hr and your immediate sup know.

An e-mail wont help if you ever need to work at UPS again.
  5. upssalesguy

upssalesguy UPS Defender

are you trying to burn a bridge? do like everyone says and talk to your sup and HR.

it's not uncommon for someone to go back to school. good luck back at school, I wish I could take a few weeks off!
  6. Thanksups

Thanksups New Member

Just leave don't say nothing who cares they would do it to u
  7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Why burn a bridge when you don't have to? The right thing to do is to give two weeks notice.
  8. bluehdmc

bluehdmc Well-Known Member

That may be what they would do to you, but show them you are the better man and give them notice.
  9. raceanoncr

raceanoncr Well-Known Member

Uh, from WHAT?
  10. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Three words: Package Car Bonfire
  11. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Sales guy/ time off. Kind of an oxymoron isn`t it?
  12. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

Great response,,Is that the way your parents raised you !!! Its only your third post on here,why don't you smarten up before postimg something stupid !!!
  13. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

take a few weeks off from golf and go close some leads !!!