R.I.P. Jill Clayburgh

moreluck

golden ticket member
OMG......this one shocked me because I wasn't aware she was sick for 21 years. Loved her in "Dirty Sexy Money" ! One of my favorites.

P

pickup

OMG......this one shocked me because I wasn't aware she was sick for 21 years. Loved her in "Dirty Sexy Money" ! One of my favorites.

I am shocked that you did not know that she was sick. I am also shocked that over9five beat you to the punch.

I dreamt last night that I met moreluck. I was in my browns and in the equivalent of a dispatch office when moreluck just came in. I tried to behave very politely. I tried to look thoughtful and considerate so that I would get a good report when she posted here.

How did I do, moreluck?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well, I saw it at 5 AM, but that was left coast time........Over is on the right coast and that's why he beat me.
I always thought she looked quite thin, but figured it was a Hollywood thing. She apparently was very private about her illness.

Pickup, sorry for your nightmare !!! I'm sure it couldn't have been me in a dispatch office.....I'm the one who flags the driver down on my street while he's delivering. His eyes usually look heavenward and I know he's praying for me. (lol). Politeness, thoughtfulness and being considerate will get you EVERYWHERE!

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
What we don't know and quite frankly, is none of our business, is how she lived her private life.

She may have been a champion for others and no one, but her close family knew the reason.
She, of course, dealt with the first few years in shock.
Undefined chronic illness - sucks.
Undefined meaning, unpredictable.
I would venture a guess that Jill did not want to become, Jill with cancer or Jill with leukemia.
What her memory is now focused on is what I will call the "wow factor."

Let's see, from experience, a few people knew I was dx'd with MS in 2006.
They do treat me differently and I hate it.

I now have a maturity about myself and my MS.
I understand my role as a role model because I am fortunate...
I pick my moments of disclosure...
I get the "wow factor".

Maybe, Jill did not want others to judge her by her illness. Would the job offers stop if others knew?
Jill did not want others to know about her battle.
Jill was a role model for women.
She is only guilty of making that dynamic have a deeper meaning.
"What bugs me is that movies don't reflect how interesting and vibrant women are. We don't treasure women as they get older".
--Jill Clayburgh

I respect her choices.

over9five

Staff member
I just saw the story on CNN, almost four hours after your exclusive.

Having trouble sleeping?

I am shocked that you did not know that she was sick. I am also shocked that over9five beat you to the punch.

Well, I saw it at 5 AM, but that was left coast time........Over is on the right coast and that's why he beat me.

Been working nights, posted that at 2 am. (and yes, I said to myself, "Beat More again!!!)