Racism rears its ugly head

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What was misleading about the headline? You were just already so interested in the case you misread the situation.

I didn't misread anything.

Someone who had no knowledge of the case would have read your post and thought that the black guy was totally innocent.

All you had to do was add a paragraph or two describing what led to the need to call a "blacks only" meeting but, instead, you chose to marginalize the issue.

oldngray

nowhere special

Someone who had no knowledge of the case would have read your post and thought that the black guy was totally innocent.

All you had to do was add a paragraph or two describing what led to the need to call a "blacks only" meeting but, instead, you chose to marginalize the issue.

I haven't followed the case and would never assume the black guy was totally innocent. His guilt or innocence was irrelevant to my post. It was just about a meeting closed to whites in a racism thread.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I haven't followed the case and would never assume the black guy was totally innocent. His guilt or innocence was irrelevant to my post. It was just about a meeting closed to whites in a racism thread.

So as an outsider with no previous knowledge of the case weren't you at all curious as to the reason behind the meeting?

It was about much more than a meeting closed to whites in a racism thread.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
So why was the closed meeting called ?
http://www.bostonherald.com/news_op...urce=bostonherald&utm_medium=trending_stories
Black leaders praise cop shooting response
Black ministers, pols and community leaders praised Boston police yesterday for their unprecedented move to share a video with them of the Friday night shooting of a gang cop in Roxbury — footage they say exonerates officers — and called for such cooperation to become routine in police shootings.

"Boston’s NAACP branch president Michael Curry said the video footage was indisputable, and showed police did nothing wrong.

“The police officer opened the vehicle car door and was shot in the face by the driver of the vehicle. That’s very clear in the video,” Curry said. “The suspect in question … then began to shoot at the other officers on the other side of the vehicle.”

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The closed meeting was from Black Lives Matter Boston group who decided that only their pov matters to the mixed race community .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Black Lives Matter activists will gather this afternoon to determine how they will respond to the shooting death by police of a 41-year-old black man who authorities say shot a decorated Boston cop in the face Friday night in Roxbury.
“We want to come together, love on each other, and support each other,” Black Lives Matter’s Boston leader Daunasia Yancey told the Herald. “It will be a chance for us to talk to each other and discuss what we think happened and what our response will look like.”

The protester's main concern Friday night was about how long the dead shooter's body laid in the street .

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2015/03/black_lives_matter_meeting_today

Babagounj

Strength through joy
“It will be a chance for us to talk to each other and discuss what we think happened and what our response will look like.”
See their thought process is warped , known facts will have no bearing on their actions .

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

It wasn't black only.

It was people of color only.

Big difference.