raise retirement pension

Karma...

I agree....ive been retired 7 tears with no raise in my defined pension......I want 10 percent every year going back that 7 years........it's fair and ups can surely afford it......other companies and countries do it..now that new folks dont get a defined pension there is plenty of money for retirees

rod

Retired 22 years
I agree....ive been retired 7 tears with no raise in my defined pension......I want 10 percent every year going back that 7 years........it's fair and ups can surely afford it......other companies and countries do it..now that new folks dont get a defined pension there is plenty of money for retirees
I agree. Give me my 10% a year factored back 22 years. What does that figure out too? 220% times $3,000 a month? I think that figures out to an extra $6,600 a month. A $9,600 a month pension check now would be fine.

That's why you invest in a 401k son so you give yourself a raise

Karma...

god knows the i.a.m gets a fair pension.......we gave our youth and health to the company......pay back in a good way.....this goes for any person who worked for a long time at any company.....

Fenris

god knows the i.a.m gets a fair pension.......we gave our youth and health to the company......pay back in a good way.....this goes for any person who worked for a long time at any company.....
IAM cant retire to 65. You didn't give :censored2: to the company, you offered your services for the payment offered.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
IMG_1881.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
That's why it's called fixed income, no?

Karma...

if your pay and pension dont keep pace with inflation you are taking a pay cut and is not fixed income....its obvious.....read up on time value of money, cola and inflation.....its simple. treading water in inflationary times is going backwards in real money times...one of these days unions will realize this..............I remember when we had 2 year contracts to address this...2 year contracts also put a damper on the excesses of corporate greed.....time to wake up and adjust to changing conditions.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
if your pay and pension dont keep pace with inflation you are taking a pay cut and is not fixed income....its obvious.....read up on time value of money, cola and inflation.....its simple. treading water in inflationary times is going backwards in real money times...one of these days unions will realize this..............I remember when we had 2 year contracts to address this...2 year contracts also put a damper on the excesses of corporate greed.....time to wake up and adjust to changing conditions.
I remember 3 year contracts but not 2 year. Was this an east coast thing?

rod

Retired 22 years
I never assumed we would get anything but what was offered at the time of retirement. For me its been $3,000 a month since June 27th of 2001. It was plenty back then but is just fun money now added to other forms of retirement income. We are right at six figures (with zero debt) for basically sitting on our butts all day-----if we are so inclined. You can do it also if you watch your spending when you are young. That means don't go out and finance a $750,000 home and an $80,000 pickup just because you finally became a RPCD. I seen dozens of young couples do that--want it ALL ---NOW

What'dyabringmetoday???

I never assumed we would get anything but what was offered at the time of retirement. For me its been $3,000 a month since June 27th of 2001. It was plenty back then but is just fun money now added to other forms of retirement income. We are right at six figures (with zero debt) for basically sitting on our butts all day-----if we are so inclined. You can do it also if you watch your spending when you are young. That means don't go out and finance a $750,000 home and an $80,000 pickup just because you finally became a RPCD. I seen dozens of young couples do that--want it ALL ---NOW
Is it ok to get a $40,000 truck? Lol.