Random Facts

moreluck

golden ticket member
Off The Grid.....

Radio Shack has stayed in business with a name combining something no one buys anymore and a type of building no one wants to go into.

~Jelvisweinstein~

moreluck

golden ticket member
Color burst will run through end of month

California's aspen are about to stage their annual autumn show. The high country has already peaked, and now the colors are moving down the hillsides. This week, the Sierra towns of June Lake and Mammoth Lakes will begin to peak. The luminous aspen, which can be red and gold, can be found in the canyons or ringing the mountain lakes and streams. The peak colors start now and will continue till Halloween — or up until the first major snowstorm arrives.

CaliforniaPaul

Color burst will run through end of month

California's aspen are about to stage their annual autumn show. The high country has already peaked, and now the colors are moving down the hillsides. This week, the Sierra towns of June Lake and Mammoth Lakes will begin to peak. The luminous aspen, which can be red and gold, can be found in the canyons or ringing the mountain lakes and streams. The peak colors start now and will continue till Halloween — or up until the first major snowstorm arrives.
Also State Route 88 in Hope Valley and route 89 at Luther Pass in the Tahoe Forest Area.

moreluck

golden ticket member
23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their butts.

According to an age old custom, carrying a dead shrew in your pocket wards off rheumatism!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I voted this morning (absentee ballot). It took over an hour. I hate it when the answer 'yes' means 'no' and vice versa.
Very confusing language.

I referred a lot to that information book they send out ahead of time.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Subject: Colored Folk
THIS was written by a black gentleman in Texas

with a great sense of humor and creativity!!!

When U Black, U Black -

When I was born, I was BLACK ,
When I grew up, I was BLACK ,
When I go in the sun, Istay BLACK,
When I get cold, I amBLACK ,
When I am scared, I am BLACK ,
When I am sick, I am BLACK ,
And when I die, I'll still be BLACK .

NOW, You 'White' folks.....When you're born, you'rePINK,
When you grow-up, you're WHITE ,
When you go in the sun, you getRED,
When you're cold, you turnBLUE,
When you're scared, you'reYELLOW,
When you get sick, you'reGREEN,
When you bruise, you turnPURPLE,
And when you die, you lookGRAY.

So who y'all be callin' COLORED Folks?

Today is election day......
20141104_074933.jpg
I voted.

moreluck

golden ticket member
10 of the tributaries flowing into the Amazon river are as big as the Mississippi river.

A jiffy is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second. Thus the saying, I will be there in a jiffy.

oldngray

nowhere special
aTOBEsr.jpg

An IBM Model 350 Disk File being delivered. Yes, that’s ONE hard disk drive unit – 1957
It had 50 24-inch disks contained inside a cabinet that was as large as a cupboard and anything but lightweight. This hulk of a storage unit could store a whopping 5 MB of data.