Random Facts

55andout?

Freedom is'nt FREE !!!...Thank you to all who paid the price for us.[video=youtube;xYu2eKQ8_Wk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYu2eKQ8_Wk[/video]

bluehdmc

Had an older driver tell me one time that the reason for leaving it in neutral was so in case the tractor was moved it wouldn't jump start and take off. I asked how is it gonna start up and take off it the ignition switch is not on. I got no response.

Can someone explain this to me?................ "I'm all ears"

Many of your older diesel engines (in particular Macks) had a knob you pulled which was a manual shut-off for the engine. It was the way the injector pump was designed. If the shut off even went in a little ways and the vehicle got bumped, (in particular with spring brakes, if the yellow button wasn't pulled out either) the engine would start and the truck would just idle along until it hit something that stopped it.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
In November 1999, two women were struck by a lightning bolt. The underwire located in their bras acted as a electrical conductors, and when the lightning bolt hit the bras they left burn marks on their chest. :thunderstorm:

(Hmmm.... I know I like toasted marshmallows...)

Sammie

In November 1999, two women were struck by a lightning bolt. The underwire located in their bras acted as a electrical conductors, and when the lightning bolt hit the bras they left burn marks on their chest. :thunderstorm:

The metal underwire in a Detroit woman's bra deflected a bullet -

4:56 p.m. MT, Wed., April 22, 2009
DETROIT - The metal underwire in a Detroit woman's bra is being credited with deflecting a bullet fired at her during a break-in at a neighbor's home.
Detroit police Officer Leon Rahmaan says the 57-year-old woman apparently looked out her window Tuesday when one of three men fired the shot.
He says the slug smashed through her window pane before hitting the bra's underwire. It did not penetrate her skin.
Police say she may have gone to the window after a burglar alarm at the house next door sounded. Her neighbor was not at home at the time.
The suspects drove away after the shooting.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It takes your food seven seconds to get from your mouth to your stomach.

One human hair can support 3 kg (6.6 lb).

The average man's penis is three times the length of his thumb.

Human thighbones are stronger than concrete.

A woman's heart beats faster than a man's.

There are about one trillion bacteria on each of your feet.

Women blink twice as often as men.

The average person's skin weighs twice as much as the brain.

Your body uses 300 muscles to balance itself when you are standing still.

If saliva cannot dissolve something, you cannot taste it.

Women reading this will be finished now.

Men are still busy checking their thumbs

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
It takes your food seven seconds to get from your mouth to your stomach.

One human hair can support 3 kg (6.6 lb).

The average man's penis is three times the length of his thumb.

Human thighbones are stronger than concrete.

A woman's heart beats faster than a man's.

There are about one trillion bacteria on each of your feet.

Women blink twice as often as men.

The average person's skin weighs twice as much as the brain.

Your body uses 300 muscles to balance itself when you are standing still.

If saliva cannot dissolve something, you cannot taste it.

Women reading this will be finished now.

Men are still busy checking their thumbs
This is the one that got me. Sheesh, I wish I had bigger thumbs.:biting:

rod

Retired 22 years
growing up I spent a lot of time hitchhiking---------------are you saying there was a better body part to stick out than my thumb:peaceful: