Random Thoughts On My Way Out The Door...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftinbuilding

Lol, is this some kind of joke? How do you know? I'm showing up at 12:00pm tomorrow just to be on the safe side.

No really. I am assistant CEO here at UPS and I personally set you up at 03:45. Please be on time as we have several interviews to conduct.

Last edited:

InsideUPS

I am taking what will most likely become a permanent break from Brown Cafe. This place has changed and not for the better. Yes, I have had a lot to do with that and for that I do apologize; however, I find myself spending way too much (unproductive) time here arguing with people I have never met and for the most part care little about. I am tired of being alone and tired of being in a rut. I am tired of spending most every weekend in a movie theater. It is time for me to move on and a big part of that will be saying goodbye to all of you.
PASTY WHITE GUY

Not sure how it is for the rest of you, however, I have found that Brown Cafe can be very emotionally draining at times. Most of the people that post on Brown Cafe have some type of vested interest in UPS. We all want to make things better but are caught in the middle of Corporate Greed, Union Politics, Party Politics, and various divisive issues between part-time and full-time employees.

Several regular contributors on BC seem to be those that have in some manner been "harmed" by UPS. They (including myself) use BC to vent their feelings and frustrations in almost a therapy like manner. For others, BC can be addictive....almost like a drug... For me recently, BC was like an escape.....until I realized that I was only extending my adversarial environment at work to my free time at home....which also in essence was "adversarial" considering the defense of posts, etc..

Dave, you need to step back, take a break, and realize that BC is not worth becoming so emotionally involved with that you had to post a "good bye" (although I do understand how you feel). I am only here now to learn about our contract. Reading (observing) and not posting helps you realize how divided our Union actually is and most likely always will be. In the end, the majority of UPS Teamsters will vote how the contract will affect them personally. Considering that most part-time employees do not vote, the contract will once again favor full-time employees and retirees to the "extent possible". There is only X amount of $ to be distributed. The unknown Y variable of the healthcare costs will be passed on to the employees in some manner. We shall learn more tomorrow (April 15th, 2013).

pretender

He had a knack for getting under your skin, but I admire how he could take a beating. His intelligence and logical thinking were overshadowed by a streak of pettiness. It would have been nice if he had buried the hatchet with moreluck...

WorknLateHuh

I know that no one on this forum would go out of their way and do me a good favor like that. Besides, everyone hates me on this forum and wants failure for me.

I like you, let's be friends... i'm pretty sure Integrity likes u also. Speaking of Integrity where's his fairwell?

If you read this Dave and I know you will you are still invited to my 4th of July party this summer. Ill even try to get you laid by one of my wife's lady friends. Pm me

Cementups

Box Monkey
I think I'm kind of hurt for not being recognized by the OP. I was one of the few that seemed to get along with him and agree with him a bunch of times.

Best of luck Dave.

I think I'm kind of hurt for not being recognized by the OP. I was one of the few that seemed to get along with him and agree with him a bunch of times.

Best of luck Dave.
All that you did for him and he couldn't even mention you?? He'll be back and you can have new memories with him. I've left for weeks at a time and it don't last long. He's just burned out on his site. It's a big (huge) part of his life. He won't be able to quit cold turkey.

Overpaid Union Thug

I agree with the comment about BC changing. Only I noticed it slowly happening a very long time ago. Ive been a member of the board since 1999 (2005 under my current handle) and miss the early days when their were less members and a whole lot less arguing. Back in the day the arguments were mainly centered around management/hourly. Mainly TieGuy and a few of us. :) Now it seems its just a free for all.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The key to getting along with people on the BC is more reading and less replying. Or not. I did drink a few beers today.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
If this truly is "adieu" (I sincerely hope it isn't), I wish you much luck and happiness, Upstate. BC is what it is. A reflection of the human side of the brown machine. Some good, some bad and some ugly. I try to keep it lighthearted and childish because I take my work so seriously.

You're a highly intelligent guy. While I may not agree with your opinions as much, I keep the same amount of respect for you as I do Sober or Pman. That in itself says a lot.

I look forward to your curmudgeonesque (wordsmith) posts in the future.

All the best, Dave...

Your pal, Ryan

Dave is a huge part of this site. He is one of the biggest personalities on here. He is the sole reason that I joined after lurking for years. I don't always like him but I would if he would just ease up. I'm not leaving the brown cafe but it won't be as fun without him. We already lost one of the best personalities in tieguy. We don't need to lose upstate Dave nancy. Take a break man and when you make your comeback I won't say anything. If you are ridiculed for coming back I'll defend you. Ok

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Dave is a huge part of this site. He is one of the biggest personalities on here. He is the sole reason that I joined after lurking for years. I don't always like him but I would if he would just ease up. I'm not leaving the brown cafe but it won't be as fun without him. We already lost one of the best personalities in tieguy. We don't need to lose upstate Dave nancy. Take a break man and when you make your comeback I won't say anything. If you are ridiculed for coming back I'll defend you. Ok

​Ditto.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I agree with the comment about BC changing. Only I noticed it slowly happening a very long time ago. Ive been a member of the board since 1999 (2005 under my current handle) and miss the early days when their were less members and a whole lot less arguing. Back in the day the arguments were mainly centered around management/hourly. Mainly TieGuy and a few of us. :) Now it seems its just a free for all.

I miss ole Tieguy too, luckily enough I've been able to keep up with him on the outside.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Dave is a reflection of what has happened to us (UPS) as a group...

Fighting and bickering with each other..both sides

at some point we just get fed up with it and say friend-- it and just walk away and let the chips fall where they may..cause we are done with it.

Imagine the old gunfighter walking off into the sunset...after his last gunfight..just doesn't have it in him to keep killing anymore...

Hope to see you back sometime in the future Dave.
Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.