Reading Between The Lines on the SFA

fedupforsure

I think you are all giving way more importance to the sfa than upper management is. Results for the last 10 year have been in the toilet and I really do not think they care. I can not remember a sfa feedback meeting that has lasted longer than 15 minutes, with 10 people in the room, in longer than I can remember. This is why a lot of people said this year that they were not going to take it, UNTIL MTIII SAID YOU DO NOT HAVE TO. That says it all....He is hoping the people who are the most pi--ed off just wont and maybe, just maybe, the phony scores will rise.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think you are all giving way more importance to the sfa than upper management is. Results for the last 10 year have been in the toilet and I really do not think they care. I can not remember a sfa feedback meeting that has lasted longer than 15 minutes, with 10 people in the room, in longer than I can remember. This is why a lot of people said this year that they were not going to take it, UNTIL MTIII SAID YOU DO NOT HAVE TO. That says it all....He is hoping the people who are the most pi--ed off just wont and maybe, just maybe, the phony scores will rise.

Good points. I'm still wondering what MT3's angle is on this one. You're right...they clearly don't do anything if the results suck, which they have. That begs the question of why do they keep it at all?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Good points. I'm still wondering what MT3's angle is on this one. You're right...they clearly don't do anything if the results suck, which they have. That begs the question of why do they keep it at all?

So they can brag to the media about how FedEx cares what their employees think and we are a PSP company, thus impressing the people enough to rate our company as the "8th Most Admired Company to Work For".

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
So they can brag to the media about how FedEx cares what their employees think and we are a PSP company, thus impressing the people enough to rate our company as the "8th Most Admired Company to Work For".
It's all smoke and mirrors for nothing but a big dog and pony show.

Sent using BrownCafe App

hypo hanna

Knowing the mood of the rank and file is important when they are contemplating more takeaways.

CJinx

The surveys have always been optional as far as the execs are concerned; in my experience it has always been local management who went bananas when participation wasn't 100%.

hypo hanna

The surveys have always been optional as far as the execs are concerned; in my experience it has always been local management who went bananas when participation wasn't 100%.
Because previously an employee that didn't takeit automatically went in the negative column.

Looks like that has changed.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You brought up a management bonus, now tell us about it. I'm calling your bluff. Is there a bonus? If so, how often is it given out? How much is it? What is it based on?
Why don't you tell us Mr. KnowItAll? You think the managers are going to disclose that information? Make no mistake, they get one.

CJinx

I've never heard of a management bonus for survey performance, neither results nor participation percentage. It's mostly been a flag waving contest for the SRMs in the district.

MAKAVELI

I've never heard of a management bonus for survey performance, neither results nor participation percentage. It's mostly been a flag waving contest for the SRMs in the district.
I don't think anyone said management gets a bonus for their sfa score. But it's a known fact they get bonuses that are tied to our performance on road. That's a big reason we have managers such as Dano59 pushing for speeding, cutting corners, and disregarding safety. All to make them look good.

dezguy

I don't think anyone said management gets a bonus for their sfa score. But it's a known fact they get bonuses that are tied to our performance on road. That's a big reason we have managers such as Dano59 pushing for speeding, cutting corners, and disregarding safety. All to make them look good.

Aren't the first 10 questions on the SFA a deciding factor on whether or not your manager gets a raise?