REAL BAD start

ChicagosPrimeMinister

What rhmyes with UPS?
Ok so I just started driving last week Tuesday and I've been on this route by myself just this week. Couple things going wrong, for one I got a couple dfu's that I know I delivered. 2. My route is usually 6-8 hours, and I did about 11 yesterday (went off and delivered without Orion and it just killed me). I know the route, deliver all my airs on time but they just keep adding streets that kills me.

Btw I'm delivering in the south side of Chicago, so I usually hide some of the packages or letters or just service cross them as not in. And chicago has ALOT of one ways which if you miss a street, it'll literally :censored2: up your day.

Anyway these dfu's are killing me, idk what to do. I feel like I damn near lost this job.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Take a deep breath and relax. First off, they will continually expand your route until you run a full dispatch for that route. Second, attempt delivery on ALL packages in your truck. Hiding them or recording them as not in is just asking to get disqualified if not fired. All it would take is one customer to call and complain and you're going to be asking if you want fries with that.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
My mistake. I thought he was faking a not in which is bad or soaking a package which is worse. I thought he was doing a panic rookie mistake instead of proper DR methods. Please accept my apologies.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Just keep plugging away at it, eventually youll get it hopefully. Just in case you probably have noticed, you cant always run a route by the dol or edd. I never do and don't pay attention to the dol at all. You have to be a mad scientist and find a way to run the route the most effectively yourself. On this job as a driver, you have to have the keen sense of making fast adjustments on the fly. It shows your ability to solve problems mentally which to be honest with ya, not everybody has the mental aptitude to do, just proven facts. Some drivers suck and some are very successful at this job. Don't be dishonest and hide stuff, because trust me it will come back and bite you in the butt. If you have problems with not being able to deliver some stuff, stop the truck and talk to your supe and let him know and ask him what to do to cover your butt. Youll get it dude, just keep plugging away at it and try not to get frustrated too much. If you have to stop for 5 minutes because your flustered to get yourself together mentally, then do that. The power of a 5 minute mental meditation session is highly under rated.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Ohhh...thanks haha.

Isn't there a way to account for the time spent doing those?
You get a pretty big allowance for them. Like 7 minutes or something. Scan the barcode on the DFU or type in the tracking number, enter the address into the diad, go to package info then select driver followup.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Ok so I just started driving last week Tuesday and I've been on this route by myself just this week. Couple things going wrong, for one I got a couple dfu's that I know I delivered. 2. My route is usually 6-8 hours, and I did about 11 yesterday (went off and delivered without Orion and it just killed me). I know the route, deliver all my airs on time but they just keep adding streets that kills me.

Btw I'm delivering in the south side of Chicago, so I usually hide some of the packages or letters or just service cross them as not in. And chicago has ALOT of one ways which if you miss a street, it'll literally :censored2: up your day.

Anyway these dfu's are killing me, idk what to do. I feel like I damn near lost this job.
Don't be afraid to have send agains. Leave note; if it's signed the next day, then leave package. Check with your preloader, how many send agains are usually on the truck with the regular driver.

UPSwife0174

OK, so I'm just a driver spouse, but props to you for attempting Chicago. I was in the city last week, and knowing what i know now about brown drivers, had nothing but respect for the those I saw managing the crazy downtown traffic.

My husband has been driving full time since April, and in his first week out, he had a horrible 11 hour day. It happens. After that, following Orion, even when it didn't seem to make much sense, helped a lot.

Best of luck to you!!