Reasons for dismissal/discipline as a package car driver?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by kmjs14, Nov 15, 2010.

1. kmjs14

kmjs14 New Member

Besides the obvious reasons (drinking on the job, attendance, stealing, lying, etc, etc), can any driver on here tell me some other reasons a driver (who works his butt off everyday) can be disciplined, suspended, or terminated? I have read some posts on here with some drivers being either suspended for an accident (but didn't make book yet), or other drivers being harassed/suspended for seat belts/safety, etc. How about production or anything else?

Any feedback is appreciated!

2. DS

DS Fenderbender

IMO ups has no standard policy about how any given center deals with it.
    If you are lucky,you get a center manager that is fair.If not they can do whatever they want.
    They can discipline,suspend and terminate you for whatever they can dig up.
    It's like a witch hunt where I am right now.Suspensions for guys calling for help all day
    that have missed,accusations of impossible missed scans,fixing time cards.
    All you can do is grieve it and hope that you have a better union than we do.

3. wadep

wadep New Member

Preventable tier 3 accident

4. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

In are
    Supplement it's called 17 I other serious offenses which could mean anything.

5. raceanoncr

raceanoncr Well-Known Member

So what'd you do that yer a little nervous about?

6. kmjs14

kmjs14 New Member

I'm a p/t package handler that is considering f/t driving as a career option. I also have a possible law enforcement opportunity down the road. Just weighing my options. I like the day shift as opposed to rotating 24/7 shifts but job security is a plus.
    In answer to your question...this post was geared towards drivers who come into work day in and out and perform their best, yet are still faced with discipline.

7. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Don`t forget having sex in the back of your package car. it`s a sure fire way to get terminated. Especially if it`s with another person.

8. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I heard it's ok as long as you use the methods.

9. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

As long as you're on your lunch, it should not be an issue.

10. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

Yep, whatever you choose to eat on your lunch hour, its all good

11. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Not that many drivers that show up every day and perform their best are disciplined.

12. HEFFERNAN

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

There goes my 3 points of contact joke !

13. iowa boy

iowa boy Well-Known Member

Isn't there something in there about using the handrail when entering and exiting?