Received Our Stimulus Checks. What Are You Gonna Do?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't think I'm getting one because I filed my taxes early.

Uh....no. Stimulus checks are based on your 2018 taxes if you haven't yet filed for 2019. If you have already filed for 2019 they will be based on that return. If your AGI is $75K or less (single), $112,500 or less (HOH) and $150K or less (MFJ) you will get $1,200 ($2,400 for MFJ) plus $500 for each kid 16 and under.

Automatic deposit to anyone who filed a 2018 tax return, I thought.
Others would have to apply?

Yes.

No.

There was talk of folks on SS having to file to get their checks but that has since been rescinded. Folks that generally don't have to file (other than those on SS) should file if only to get their DD info in to the system.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Yeah, you're right----my current job as a tax professional has no bearing on the conversation.
Not sure what we are gonna do with it. Maybe support some local businesses . Also a couple of our children are hurting right now so we will be able to help them out a little until this blows over.
So your job as a tax professional allows your crystal ball to see inside olroad's family dynamics?

Nah, that would be your job as a professional jerk.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
tax professional

Lmao
15F6F6B9-B207-4C11-B720-00D197212FCA.gif

newfie

We received our stimulus checks this morning by direct deposit.

Not sure what we are gonna do with it. Maybe support some local businesses . Also a couple of our children are hurting right now so we will be able to help them out a little until this blows over.

Why would you take a handout from someone you despise so much? Honest question?