Regal Cinema's new "security policy"

bbsam

Staff member
I dont want to be the good guy hero sheriff in a smoky theater but thats beside the point.

The point is that you are wanting to hold the cops and good guys to an impossibly high "zero tolerance" standard of performance under life and death circumstances instead of assigning blame to the criminal whose actions created the situation in the first place.
You want me to simply give a pass based on good intentions? Hell no. Firing a weapon carries very heavy responsibility and should. Good intentions are not enough.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Ok. A jury then.
A jury that would be instructed to take into account the circumstances of the shooting and any mitigating factors that existed when determining the negligence of the cop or armed civilian who engaged a mass murderer.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A jury that would be instructed to take into account the circumstances of the shooting and any mitigating factors that existed when determining the negligence of the cop or armed civilian who engaged a mass murderer.

...while keeping in mind the innocent victims...an 8 year old girl killed while sitting with her parents watching "Inside Out" should never be considered "collateral damage".

bbsam

Staff member
A jury that would most likely contain citizens with young children or parents who remember their children fondly at that age.

bbsam

Staff member
A jury could go either way. Big differences in attitudes in different parts of the country.
A jury could go either way in a criminal trial. The subsequent civil trial is almost a slam dunk for the parents of the collateral damage...I mean 8 year old girl.

oldngray

nowhere special
A jury could go either way in a criminal trial. The subsequent civil trial is almost a slam dunk for the parents of the collateral damage...I mean 8 year old girl.

In no way would a civil trial be a slam dunk. Lower burden of proof for sure but far from a certain outcome.

oldngray

nowhere special
You might be right. By then the "good guy" will be living a George Zimmerman/Darren Wilson existence if he's lucky.

Probably true but if someone is cleared in both criminal and civil trials then the public shouldn't harass them just because they don't agree with the verdict. Even more, the media would need to let the story die a natural death instead of milking it for ratings.