Regarding Grievances For Supervisors Working

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
I appreciate the help. They already owe so much its crazy. I took to calling my local union a couple days ago because my supes can never get ahold of any steward. How convenient they sent him home early before I could talk to them. I'll chat again tomorrow because this BS from supes is going to end. I don't care how friendly my supes act towards me, don't mess with my pay.
I would exchange numbers with the stew and also get the number to your business agent. Also see if you can make a buddy with a spine that wouldn’t mind being a witness for any grievances should they go to panel. If there’s multiple stewards under your Weingarten rights you have the right to request a specific steward for representation. Typically management gets the company men whenever an hourly requests one. If they bring you someone else, file for violation of your Weingarten rights, and perhaps NMAUPS Art. 4. Also read your contract, and supplements. Also once you file and they so much as talk about the grievance you filed without signing off and formally settling it it’s a harassment/intimidation and union discrimination grievance.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
They already owe so much its crazy.
Generally can go back 10 days for things to file on. Get it on paper before it's untimely.

I took to calling my local union a couple days ago because my supes can never get ahold of any steward.
Do you not have your stewards number?
I always gave mine out.
Management is not your friend on this. You shouldn't be relying on them.

oldngray

nowhere special
Generally can go back 10 days for things to file on. Get it on paper before it's untimely.

Do you not have your stewards number?
I always gave mine out.
Management is not your friend on this. You shouldn't be relying on them.
Untimely works both ways. I got a late warning letter and their excuse was the center manager was on vacation.

Not my problem.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Labor manager will tie the grievance up for months until you lose interest. Same thing is happening right now with air drivers getting paid for running ground routes during Peak.
How is the labor manager able to "tie the grievance up", unless the BA allows it?

....but ultimately I would use that time to my benefit as the grievances pile up and demonstrate a preponderance of violations, removing any excuses that these violations were a result of some sort of anomaly.

This is what got me paid tens and tens of thousands of dollars in grievance settlements for air drivers delivering ground packages.

PT Car Washer

How is the labor manager able to "tie the grievance up", unless the BA allows it?

....but ultimately I would use that time to my benefit as the grievances pile up and demonstrate a preponderance of violations, removing any excuses that these violations were a result of some sort of anomaly.

This is what got me paid tens and tens of thousands of dollars in grievance settlements for air drivers delivering ground packages.
I find it difficult to believe the company will pay air drivers 10 of thousands of Dollars to deliver ground packages and then turn around and pay you also. Something just doesn't sound right here.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I find it difficult to believe the company will pay air drivers 10 of thousands of Dollars to deliver ground packages and then turn around and pay you also. Something just doesn't sound right here.
This occurred over 25 years in the building I worked and was the steward for, across three centers.

When it was only me filing, I suppose they got away with it enough to make it worth it to pay me off.

It was only when other drivers saw how easy (and lucrative) it was that the Company put a stop to it.

....and now I don't have to file on it ever, because they don't do it anymore.

PT Car Washer

This occurred over 25 years in the building I worked and was the steward for, across three centers.

When it was only me filing, I suppose they got away with it enough to make it worth it to pay me off.

It was only when other drivers saw how easy (and lucrative) it was that the Company put a stop to it.

....and now I don't have to file on it ever, because they don't do it anymore.
The company paid you off. Now I see.