region - district restructuring

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by sosocal, Aug 17, 2008.

1. sosocal

sosocal New Member

this post is for the mgt folk out there lingering in the backround of this forum...I am hearing that there is another wave of region / District restructuring coming again...anyone else heard this?

2. drewed

drewed Shankman

UMM i havent heard anything, its been less than a yr since the last restructuring, and im pretty sure itll stay the way it is, the cut a lot of jobs (dulpicate title type thing) last time and its more logical than the way it was

3. LiL"Comet"

LiL"Comet" New Member

We did have a re-struct. a couple months ago instead of 3 districts its 2 now theres quite of few managers just basically been put somewere until... well who knows. :confused2:

4. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Don't exclude Feeder Drivers. That's how I always got the scoop on what was going on!

5. LiL"Comet"

LiL"Comet" New Member

Yes, I agree when i want to find out something i normally go to few good feeders to get to the bottom of something i need to know

6. BrownSuit

BrownSuit Active Member

Your probably "hearing" about the restructuring that just happened earlier this year.

I wouldn't expect any new changes any time soon. A lot of the final touches from the last change were just put into place a month or so ago.

Everybody I've heard has been happy about the most recent changes. Also note that it's not something that happens every year or even every other year. It's actually rather rare considering the history of the company.

7. tieguy

tieguy Banned

Atlantic / metro DC districts are on the short list and rumored to be combining by the end of the year. Seems to be a move to mega districts taking place with employee bases of 7 to 10,000 per district.

8. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Dylan came to mind when I read your closure:

Casey's sons and daughters are beyond our command
    Your old role is rapidly aging
    Please get out of the new one if you can't lend a hand
    For the times they are a changing

The line, it is drawn, the curse, it is cast
    The slow one will later be fast
    And the present now will soon be the past
    The order is rapidly fading
    The first one now will later be last
    For the times, they are a changing

Okay so I changed the first line around. :funny:
    Worked in the Region once and never thought there was a lot of value there. Time will tell.

9. BURMDPsupe

BURMDPsupe Member

Tie,

I've heard about this one for some time. I guess the new name could be Metro Atlantic!?!

M-

10. mb29577

mb29577 New Member

The rumour a while back for MDC was it was going to split along the Potomac w/ Md & DC going to Atlantic. NoVa was to re-join VA like in the days of old.

11. What about more changes in SW (or the new West) Region? Some happening there too?