Reinstate Lead Bellys account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Spider

Yea but it's a whole lot easier when you think you know who I am and your just some old fake out of office washed up anonymous poster on an Internet forum. You have to resort to a potential TOS violation that you have condemned me so many times before.
Since you are such a tough guy I'll tell you what. If you ever see me sucker punch me. I won't prosecute if you don't. ;)

My guess is you won't be a man and you'll stay in the shadows of being anonymous. It's what people like you do again and again.

Why don't you correct my spelling of punctuation or something.

I know exactly who you are Jim, and I have no intention of ever sucker punching you. It's certainly not because I'm afraid of you...it's simply because that as I approach the end of my Teamster days, I had hoped that the Jackie P days of members beating up other members had come to an end. I thought we had evolved into something better. I may have been wrong. A couple of weeks ago at a labor breakfast, a Local Union President who had been in office for 15 years asked me if I could explain the difference between a mandatory subject of bargaining and a permissive subject of bargaining. I explained the difference and tried to conceal my surprise at the question...and then Jim...I thought of you. Ya' see Jim...our Union is doomed if we're returning to the days of leaders with beer bellies, size 48 t-shirts, and size 2 hats. We've got to be smarter than those on the other side of the bargaining table...we've got to understand how to prepare and present a solid arbitration case...and we've got to be responsive to those members that expect us to lead them. If you think that the answers to our dwindling membership, weak contracts and mediocre representation can be answered with a sucker punch...well...just pull that size 2 hat over your head and belly up to the bar.

As for correcting your punctuation...okay, why not...it's not "your just some old fake out...". It's you're just some old fake out...". Glad to have been able to help.

LeadBelly

Banned
I know exactly who you are Jim, and I have no intention of ever sucker punching you. It's certainly not because I'm afraid of you...it's simply because that as I approach the end of my Teamster days, I had hoped that the Jackie P days of members beating up other members had come to an end. I thought we had evolved into something better. I may have been wrong. A couple of weeks ago at a labor breakfast, a Local Union President who had been in office for 15 years asked me if I could explain the difference between a mandatory subject of bargaining and a permissive subject of bargaining. I explained the difference and tried to conceal my surprise at the question...and then Jim...I thought of you. Ya' see Jim...our Union is doomed if we're returning to the days of leaders with beer bellies, size 48 t-shirts, and size 2 hats. We've got to be smarter than those on the other side of the bargaining table...we've got to understand how to prepare and present a solid arbitration case...and we've got to be responsive to those members that expect us to lead them. If you think that the answers to our dwindling membership, weak contracts and mediocre representation can be answered with a sucker punch...well...just pull that size 2 hat over your head and belly up to the bar.

As for correcting your punctuation...okay, why not...it's not "your just some old fake out...". It's you're just some old fake out...". Glad to have been able to help.
An anonymous brown eye is what you are. Go get em squirt.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
A couple of weeks ago at a labor breakfast, a Local Union President who had been in office for 15 years asked me if I could explain the difference between a mandatory subject of bargaining and a permissive subject of bargaining. I explained the difference....

Sure you did.

And, how many elected positions.... have you held ?

Representing your fellow Union Members ?

Walk it back.... wanna be.

-Bug-

Brown Spider

Sure you did.

-Bug-

You know not of what you speak, Bug. No wanna be here. I have held 3 local onion elected positions and 1 IBT appointed position. Nothing to walk back.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Maybe.

I wasn't talking vegetables. :biggrin:

Specifically.... what positions ?

Just curious.

-Bug-

You seem like a reasonable guy BUG. Please understand that this is a friendly reminder about our rules:

You are responsible for protecting your own privacy and respecting the privacy of others. This means no posting of your own or any other person's full name, last name, photos, email addresses, work or home locations, job titles, phone numbers, addresses, Social Security numbers, or any other personally identifiable or private information. This also means your full name cannot be used as your username or posted anywhere on our site.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You seem like a reasonable guy BUG. Please understand that this is a friendly reminder about our rules:

You are responsible for protecting your own privacy and respecting the privacy of others. This means no posting of your own or any other person's full name, last name, photos, email addresses, work or home locations, job titles, phone numbers, addresses, Social Security numbers, or any other personally identifiable or private information. This also means your full name cannot be used as your username or posted anywhere on our site.

Roger that.

I was just trying to "glean" a level of experience.

No more, no less.

-Bug-

What'dyabringmetoday???

But, but, he's a Big Union Guy- doesn't that exempt him? Lol

Brown Spider

Sure you did.

-Bug-

Yes Bug, I did. And I'd be glad to explain the difference between permissive and mandatory subjects of bargaining to you, although someone who represents 2,000 members...1,000 to 1,300 more than the recommended maximum for adequate representation, must have all the answers...after all, he bills himself as a big union guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.