Remembrance Day Black-Out

canuck.7

The holiday scheduale in Victoria BC Canada is blacked-out the week of November 11, same as December. Do they get away with this in Vancouver and Kelowna?

"Section 12.7 The period for taking vacations will be from March 15th to March 14th the following year year and all vacations must be taken during this period (excluding the period begining at the end of the last full week in November and ending December 26th, during which no vacation time will be granted"

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I am new at this site,,do we get Valentines day off ??? how bout St Patricks day ??/ Also need to know where the Company pool is in my hub !! Thanks !!

over9five

Staff member
I am new at this site,,do we get Valentines day off ??? Only if it's your birthday. how bout St Patricks day ?? All Irish employees get this day./ Also need to know where the Company pool is in my hub !!Right next to the employee bar and movie theatre, Thanks !!

canuck.7

I am new at this site,,do we get Valentines day off ??? how bout St Patricks day ??/ Also need to know where the Company pool is in my hub !! Thanks !!

Ha ha ha, you so funny!

So I get the no vacation in December, after all it is in the contract, but blacking out one week mid November???

DS

Fenderbender
I believe "browned out" is the term,if it ain't in the contract,it ain't legal.
Why would anyone want this week? Ask a sup,maybe they can answer this.

klein

Für Meno :)

I agree, because UPS won't even pay remembrance Day as a Stat holiday, and I still don't know how they get away with that !

canuck.7

In the province of British Columbia UPS is "closed" Remembrance Day. It costs employees an optional, if you don't have one left still in November you don't get paid.

The reason UPS doesn't want people on vacation is because the rest of the UPS world works, creating a back log of volume. This "browning out" of the vacation calendar should be negotiated into the contract, just like December is.

I asked a sup and "The needs of the company trump the contract" Hmmmm

My reasons for wanting this week off this year are not that interesting, and I won't bore you with details.

Am I just being petty and selfish?

klein

Für Meno :)

In the province of British Columbia UPS is "closed" Remembrance Day. It costs employees an optional, if you don't have one left still in November you don't get paid.

The reason UPS doesn't want people on vacation is because the rest of the UPS world works, creating a back log of volume. This "browning out" of the vacation calendar should be negotiated into the contract, just like December is.

I asked a sup and "The needs of the company trump the contract" Hmmmm

My reasons for wanting this week off this year are not that interesting, and I won't bore you with details.

Am I just being petty and selfish?

Not at all ! Welcome to slavery !
Family Day (Alberta and now a few other provinces), is also not honored by UPS as a Stat !

First ever company I worked for that didn't honour any of those days !