'Removed from Service' for waiting for pick ups.

21Savage

Any time that's happened to me I'd call my sup and be like you want me sitting for 2 hours or what? They'd either move the pickups to someone else and have me go help or move the pickup and ask if I want to come in early.

To just sit there stealing time is pretty ballsy.

GenericUsername

By design we have a route that finished all deliveries around 13:45/14:00. It has something stupid like 14 drop boxes and 4 or 5 legit pickups after that time. So from 14:00-14:30 you take your meal, drive to your first set of pickups that don't start until 15:00, do those until 15:15, then sit for another 20ish minutes for a placard pickup, drive to another pickup after that, then sit until 16:45 for dropboxes to begin, with another 30 minutes of sitting in between all the rest of the boxes. It's my favorite route to run when covering. The office can't move the boxes off b/c nobody else is able to do it due to their stops and they can't put stops on the driver b/c if they do he's going to get caught in traffic and be late back to the building for air.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Your dispatcher sucks. They know how many stops and miles you need to bring you to pick up time. They didn't do their job (surprise) and should fall on the axe.
My .02 cents.

Brownwind

On my trip I often sit for lunch and then at least another 45 mins. I’ve never had an issue. 3 years and counting now. Maybe I should watch myself!
Many have been in these situations waiting and yes it may be over an hour. Communication is key. As mentioned in previous posts if it’s out of the ordinary use the phone and call in.

some1else

Banned
Nobody directed him to sit there for 2 hours

It's like blaming the cheese company for not pulling a wrapper off the piece of cheese and eating it and somehow it's their fault...
I think all of us have been directed to do pickups in the +\- 15 minute window. He went and delivered and picked up in the time window how is that not following instructions? A lot of Stockholm syndrome answers there. It’s perfectly normal, especially in trucking, to have down time.
We don’t chose our dispatch or pickup times. I’m suprised to see how many here think he should be disciplined for following methods and the company’s poor dispatch.

Package Stick

"Send it."
I think all of us have been directed to do pickups in the +\- 15 minute window. He went and delivered and picked up in the time window how is that not following instructions? A lot of Stockholm syndrome answers there. It’s perfectly normal, especially in trucking, to have down time.
We don’t chose our dispatch or pickup times. I’m suprised to see how many here think he should be disciplined for following methods and the company’s poor dispatch.
We have to wait for our loads in feeders for a few hours, on some different runs.

I always call in asking what they want me to do (if I'm sitting for 15-20min+ I CYA).

Sometimes they wrap up the trailer, and send me on my way.

I'd never sit for 2 hours without calling in - unless I'm at the rail yard on breakdown.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We have to wait for our loads in feeders for a few hours, on some different runs.

I always call in asking what they want me to do (if I'm sitting for 15-20min+ I CYA).

Sometimes they wrap up the trailer, and send me on my way.

I'd never sit for 2 hours without calling in - unless I'm at the rail yard on breakdown.
If you are sitting at the rail waiting for loads you put it on breakdown???

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Feeder sitting is totally different animal than package car.

oie_animation.gif