'Removed from Service' for waiting for pick ups.

10:30 resi

You are right, it probably was a setup or entrapment, and yes, the manager should be fired...
But, he won't be.

Some parts of the country, center managers can act like a drunken Attila the Hun, and the worst that will happen to them is they eventually get transferred somewhere else.
Yeah that center manager got transferred to our center 🙃

BrownSnowFlake

I reiterate Stockholm syndrome. It’s perfectly normal at every job to have down time. They have brainwashed you into thinking downtime=stealing. If you still have delivery’s left and you are sitting around that’s completely different if you have completed all the work and are waiting for a pickup time you aren’t doing nothing you are waiting for a pickup.
This is why other drivers get paid half as much as we do, to do the same job. UPS has gone to great lengths to engineer “downtime” right out of the operation. Waiting 5 or 10 minutes for a pickup is understandable. Waiting 2 hours is not.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Are you low seniority? Sounds like you were chosen to be the sacrificial lamb of your center to put some fear into the other drivers and hit their layoff numbers. They can see you sitting. They know where you are and what you’re doing in real time if they had a problem with it they could message you at any time, I’d accuse them of entrapment. I’ve never messaged in saying I’m done and what should I do next and I regularly wait hours for pickups. That’s just some crap rule they haven’t enforced in years that they want to dig up to use to kick you out the door. I wouldn’t sweat it. They’ve been trying to fire drivers for the most insane stuff lately in my building, they all still have their jobs.

tadpole

I am surprised that they're trying to fire the OP over this. The company is really pissing me off lately. They give me 6 hours of work every day and make me have to ask "what do you want me to do now" every day. They know how much work your route needs. They should know that they gave you a half days worth of work. What are the supervisors doing all day?

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I am surprised that they're trying to fire the OP over this. The company is really pissing me off lately. They give me 6 hours of work every day and make me have to ask "what do you want me to do now" every day. They know how much work your route needs. They should know that they gave you a half days worth of work. What are the supervisors doing all day?
Not supervising, obviously. Golfing, at the gym, sexting their side tang.

21Savage

Are you low seniority? Sounds like you were chosen to be the sacrificial lamb of your center to put some fear into the other drivers and hit their layoff numbers. They can see you sitting. They know where you are and what you’re doing in real time if they had a problem with it they could message you at any time, I’d accuse them of entrapment. I’ve never messaged in saying I’m done and what should I do next and I regularly wait hours for pickups. That’s just some crap rule they haven’t enforced in years that they want to dig up to use to kick you out the door. I wouldn’t sweat it. They’ve been trying to fire drivers for the most insane stuff lately in my building, they all still have their jobs.
this is a good post.

Commercial Inside Release

Never had the luxury of downtime... DIAD5 would show the green light indicating a message, as soon as I pointed the truck towards the center.

Most of the time, would get the message 5-10 stops from the end of route.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
It's like blaming the cheese company for not pulling a wrapper off the piece of cheese and eating it and somehow it's their fault...
IMG_5196.jpeg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I reiterate Stockholm syndrome. It’s perfectly normal at every job to have down time. They have brainwashed you into thinking downtime=stealing. If you still have delivery’s left and you are sitting around that’s completely different if you have completed all the work and are waiting for a pickup time you aren’t doing nothing you are waiting for a pickup.
Will the arbitration panel buy that?

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
I had a situation like that once.
When I finished my workload, I sent a message in and didn't hear back for a couple of hours.
It turned out I was in a dead spot, no signal.
Not until I moved from there to start my pickups did my board come alive.
I answered right away , but mgt wasn't pleased.
For me nothing really come from it, not that I cared either way.
Perfect example of CYA. Nice.