Republican Debate 11-9-11

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by moreluck, Nov 9, 2011.

1. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Getting ready to watch the debate.....CNBC

2. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

Is that true, if we revive tourism in the US, that could add 1.4 million jobs?

3. moreluck

If I had to pick a winner of tonight's debate......toss up between Newt and Mitt.
    Perry had a bit of a senior moment......trying to name 3 depts. he would cut and only could remember 2 0f them.
    Ron Paul was spunky and I did agree with him more tonight than before.
    Maria Bartiromo asked Cain about all the accusations and the audience booed.

I always watch for Jim Cramer to stroke out.....that guy is very tighly wound!!
    I never knew Maria was a bit of a bitch, snippy.

4. moreluck

Cain had a couple of good lines in the last 5 mins. The 2 things wrong with Dodd-Frank is Dodd & Frank ! lol

5. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Missed it ... the boss said we were going to watch the CMA awards. I said, "Yes M'aam!"

6. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

Well, when that's the extent of his knowledge on the subject, what more could he say?

7. moreluck

He had plenty to say, but having a sense of humor is one of the refreshing attributes about him.

8. moreluck

CMA sucks!! Just give all the awards to Taylor Swift and call it a night !! I'm sure they'll have the full debate on the internet.

9. bbsam

Did he say which one of his victims was most appealing?

10. moreluck

If you want to talk real victims.....check out Penn State

11. bbsam

No. I want to talk humor and you reported that Cain showed a sense of humor and he certainly doesn't take the claims seriously so I'm guessing he would make light of the situation.

12. moreluck

In the beginning of the debate he denied the allegations just like he did in his press conf. the other day. The audience applauded him.

13. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

She sucks ... I insisted we cut the sound off when she sang and the boss did not object. She has not won any awards so far.

14. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

' Well, she ended the night with the BIG ONE...award. I'm not a TS fan but she has the ear of teenage girls and that's what creates CD sales and packed concert halls and that = Entertainer of the Year.

15. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

The best part of the CMA's was the first 10 minutes. The hosts poked fun at Kim Kardashian, Justin Beiber, Taylor Swift, Blake Shelton and Hank Williams. They had Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Barbie dolls and checked to see if they were "anatomically correct" and offered condolences to Faith . Eric Stonestreet from Modern Family joined them to wrap up the bit and hand out the first award--that is when I changed the channel.

16. moreluck

See, I told you that she would win. I'm just mad that The Middle was taken off for the CMA. Axl & Sue crack me up!!

17. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

hahaha, I always hate it when my favorite programs are replaced by an awards show or another one of 0maba's [-]campaign[/-] state of the whatever speeches[-][/-]

18. The Other Side

The Other Side Well-Known Troll Troll

19. moreluck

20. klein

klein Für Meno :)

Cain is going to be a Saturday Night Live....