"Required" breaks at Express

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Actually when you do this, your time card prints a warning "break taken during first/last hour" again whatever suits your OPSMGR seems to be key.

It's a statement on a time card, and it's a far cry from policy stating that you must not take your break during those times.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I quoted the policy.

The policy is meaningless because few managers follow it. If they can screw you over by "encouraging" you to take an early break due to late freight, they will. It's all about making FTEs and the budget. Late starts, recorders, etc. are all ways FedEx cheats employees out of their money.

SmithBarney

It's a statement on a time card, and it's a far cry from policy stating that you must not take your break during those times.

Not really a far cry, I sign this document daily, thus acknowledging what is on it. A lawyer might say otherwise, and I'd rather not take that chance... I'll be out washing salt out of my wheelwells.. let me know when the freight shows up.

Star B

White Lightening
Well, there's also a reason why it's a warning, not an error. It's just advisory.

Now, if it was an error... then that's a different story.

Star B

White Lightening
yep, that's why nobody at our station pushes the hour. i've never been told that i must take an hour.. I didn't know it was even an option until I started reading here and seeing the timecard warnings

MAKAVELI

Either policy is mandatory if your manager wants them to be mandatory.
It's not policy, otherwise it would be written as so. Management can not also also ask or demand for an employee to disregard policy. This is how FedEx gets into trouble with lawsuits, when overzealous managers try and " write " their own policy.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It's not policy, otherwise it would be written as so. Management can not also also ask or demand for an employee to disregard policy. This is how FedEx gets into trouble with lawsuits, when overzealous managers try and " write " their own policy.

They have leeway in certain areas of policy. If you can't comprehend that, it's a 'you' problem, not a 'me' problem.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You are one dumb asss mo fo. Policy is written to protect FedEx. If there is leeway than the policy is null and void.

This is the correct answer and would have allowed you to win Final Jeopardy, but you forgot to put your answer in the form of a question. We'll give you the :censored2: MF though. WINNER!!