Retired but can we be a drivers helper ?

Round the block again

I’m retired and wondering if we can be a drivers helper for Christmas. Does the union let us do this. Would like to help but not mess up my pension. Wondering if there’s any retired drivers that work as helpers sometimes.

Karma...

sure...I believe that both retired teamsters and management can work peak......ups can really use the experienced help......I could be wrong

Shiftless

"I'm retired and wondering if we can be a drivers helper for Christmas. Does the union let us do this. Would like to help but not mess up my pension. Wondering if there’s any retired drivers that work as helpers sometimes."

How long have you been retired?

What region did you work in?

WHY???????

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I’m retired and wondering if we can be a drivers helper for Christmas. Does the union let us do this. Would like to help but not mess up my pension. Wondering if there’s any retired drivers that work as helpers sometimes.

Hell, you can be a driver here I know 2 guys that do it every year top driver wages and they don’t work over 8 hours unless they want to

Est.1998

I would love to have a retiree come with me this peak. But, the moment they start to tell me what they will and won't do, I'm cutting them loose.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I honestly do not know why they don't ask so of retired drivers if they want to come back especially with the lack of quality it's some of these seasonal drivers seem to have.
They get some real winners
They probably figure that there's no way in hell a retired package car driver will come back for peak. Feeders isn't anywhere near as bad, it's just moving trailers around.