Retirees in the Buff

moreluck

golden ticket member
“Sugar why don’t you sit down by the table and we’ll start supper.” Said Dorothy to her Husband of 50 years. “Sure thing,” said her husband settling himself down.

“Now darling, would you like the soup first or the salad?” Questioned Dorothy.

“Umm I guess I’ll take the soup.” He responded.

After a whole meal of one endearing term after another, their guest Bob couldn’t contain his curiosity any longer. Bob snuck into the kitchen and asked, “Dorothy do you always talk to your husband like that?”

“Bob, I’ll be honest with you,” Dorothy replied. “It’s been five years now, I just can’t remember his name, and I am just too embarrassed to ask him!”

moreluck

golden ticket member
“C’mon Ma you have got to try it” I pleaded to my elderly Mother. I don’t know how my Mother lasted this long without ever using the internet, but enough was enough! I thought.

“Ok” she said reluctantly settling down by the computer and slowly putting on her reading glasses “what do I do now?”

“Now I’m going to open the home page of google”, I explained. “OK here it is! Now type in ANY question you want into the bar over here and you will find an answer to your question.” I confidently assured her.

My Mother looked at me warily, thought for a second, and slowly began to type,

How is Gertrude doing this morning?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Thinking that the presidential candidate needed to show a more human side of himself, his committee advised him to visit an old age home. Walking into the room of an old man, with the cameras whirring, the nominee was surprised when the old man offered him some peanuts from a bowl on the table. “Thank you”, said the nominee after being offered more for the 3rd time, “why don’t you have some yourself?” “Oh, I can’t eat it” said the old man, “I don’t have any teeth.” “So why do you have them?” asked the confused nominee. “Oh, I like the chocolate around it” was the glib reply.

Ms.PacMan

Today, there are too many choices......I'll use cereal as an example. Have you seen the space dedicated to the cereal section in the grocery store? I know we didn't have too many choices as a kid and one of them was those big bars of shredded wheat...
I would give these to my son when he was a toddler. He'd just walk around the house with one in his fist, eating.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is the secret to calming and relaxation......and it works. Turn off the TV, turn off the computer, phone, etc

Doing it with kids or grandkids makes it dual purposeful

rod

Retired 22 years
This is the secret to calming and relaxation......and it works. Turn off the TV, turn off the computer, phone, etc

Doing it with kids or grandkids makes it dual purposeful

I quit Crayons when they discontinued the Indian Red and Flesh colors.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I believe that's why they discontinued it. An unused Indian Red or Flesh one is worth a few bucks now days.
My old crayons always ended up in some "tin"........maybe heart-shaped that held Valentine Candy. If there was still a flesh, it would be a stub.

moreluck

golden ticket member
When we go to Macaroni Grill, I color and draw on the white paper table covers, but they ever give me enough crayons. Writing cursive backward fluidly is my table-talent.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
back in the seventies my parents threw out all my crayons, marbles, baseball cards, comic books, and magazines from the 60's.

a small fortune you can say.

rod

Retired 22 years
back in the seventies my parents threw out all my crayons, marbles, baseball cards, comic books, and magazines from the 60's.

a small fortune you can say.

My brother bought a big old late 1940's Harley (suicide shifter and everything) for a little of nothing (it did run). He stripped it all down with the idea of making a chopper out of it but gave up on it and sold it ---again for little money. All the old fenders, leather saddlebags and "good stuff" was stored in my Dads garage because it was unwanted. About 15 years later Dad threw it all away.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
My brother bought a big old late 1940's Harley (suicide shifter and everything) for a little of nothing (it did run). He stripped it all down with the idea of making a chopper out of it but gave up on it and sold it ---again for little money. All the old fenders, leather saddlebags and "good stuff" was stored in my Dads garage because it was unwanted. About 15 years later Dad threw it all away.
thats probably why i havent thrown anything away in the last 40 years.

now am selling it on ebay and craigs. made over 7k extra mooluh in last couple years.

moreluck

golden ticket member

now am selling it on ebay and craigs. made over 7k extra mooluh in last couple years.
Hubby sells all kinds of stuff on e-bay. If you have a phone you dropped and the glass cracked......people buy those on
e-bay.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

My wife has made over a $120K in the last 5 years.
She says she is going to slow down next year.
I think it is because I go all over the US without her because she can't put her ebay away for a couple of weeks at a time.
She has a store so she can put in on vacation a few times a year but she wants more freedom.

PS - She sold off all our excess stuff and then started buying from local thrift and consignment stores.
Find a niche you like and become an expert.
She sells Vera Bradley and Coach stuff mostly.
She gets stuff straight from VB and resells for 100% mark-up typically.

moreluck

golden ticket member
98fc28954d876e425f6e2fafd8e7fcb2.jpg