Retirees in the Buff

moreluck

golden ticket member
ffb67887c8aa78440685f351511ab627.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
When it comes to doctor appointments I like the first appointment of the day because I am an early riser. By noon, my daily oblgations and errands are done. The afternoon is the time to make dinner....or, the neighbor comes over for coffee.

I did that the other day for a follow-up appointment. My appt. notice said 9 a.m. so I got there at 8:55. When I walked in the receptionist said she had me down for 9:30. I showed her my appt. card--she laughed---I didn't see any humor in it. She said I was his first appointment of the day so I might get in early. I waited around for another half hour then they put me in the little room. For 25 more minutes I could hear my doctor talking to the nurses in the hall about what they had done over the weekend. I was about 30 seconds from walking out when he finally walked through the door smiling like everything was all sunshine and lollypops. He asked me how I felt and a couple of more questions and less than 5 minutes later I was out the door. If this idiot was 25 minutes late for his first appointment I wonder how long his last appointment of the day was delayed. Thank god I'm done with him. My time is valuable too ---goofing off the rest of the day is important.

oldngray

nowhere special
I did that the other day for a follow-up appointment. My appt. notice said 9 a.m. so I got there at 8:55. When I walked in the receptionist said she had me down for 9:30. I showed her my appt. card--she laughed---I didn't see any humor in it. She said I was his first appointment of the day so I might get in early. I waited around for another half hour then they put me in the little room. For 25 more minutes I could hear my doctor talking to the nurses in the hall about what they had done over the weekend. I was about 30 seconds from walking out when he finally walked through the door smiling like everything was all sunshine and lollypops. He asked me how I felt and a couple of more questions and less than 5 minutes later I was out the door. If this idiot was 25 minutes late for his first appointment I wonder how long his last appointment of the day was delayed. Thank god I'm done with him. My time is valuable too ---goofing off the rest of the day is important.

I like early appointments because later in the day the doctor is usually behind schedule but I agree the first appointment you can be sitting there waiting when the doctor strolls in late coffee in hand with no concern about time. His time is so obviously more important than everyone else's.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm still waiting for the right circumstances to try out those lines from that TV ad.....the doctor will see you now..."tell him I'll be with him in a few minutes."
The doctor asks, "Is she ready?" and the nurse tells him he's next. Love that commercial.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I like early appointments because later in the day the doctor is usually behind schedule but I agree the first appointment you can be sitting there waiting when the doctor strolls in late coffee in hand with no concern about time. His time is so obviously more important than everyone else's.
I try and get the first appointment after lunch ... it's a restart for on time appointments.
I also have changed doctors due to lack of respect for my time.
None since I retired though ... I'm not in a hurry.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was off this past Monday in part to go to the doctor. His office called to cancel on the Friday before my appt. Thankfully I did not take the day off just for that.