Retirees in the Buff

Catatonic

Nine Lives

My wife and I at the Wanee Music Festival

Hoke and Sandra at Wanee 2015.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Middle age is when work is a lot less fun and fun is a lot more work. ~Author Unknown

Life begins at retirement. ~Author Unknown

Retirement can be a great joy if you can figure out how to spend time without spending money. ~Author Unknown

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

Retirement is wonderful. It's doing nothing without worrying about getting caught at it. ~Gene Perret

There are some who start their retirement long before they stop working. ~Robert Half

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I read several books on adjusting to retirement and this quote was in all of them.
Women don't skip a beat while some men go into depression and have heart attacks.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
retirement is a new idea that only started when social security came about. unless you were in the one percent.

the fatality rate skyrockets after people retire because they lose their purpose in life. i'll have a purpose. staying fit and having fun for the next 41 years.

I took one of those online lifespan calculator tests and it says im gonna live till im 96.

rod

Retired 22 years
Ha ha---that is so true. I just got back from visiting a new barber shop in town. Its a sports themed shop that has a big tv at every hair cutting station to watch. They cut (they call it style your hair) , wrap your face with a warm towel, give you a neck & back massage, wash your hair and spray you down with foo foo juice all of which is part of their VIP package. They have a deal going on now where your first "VIP package experience" is FREE. Guess who filled the waiting area? Yep--us old duffers looking for a free haircut. I felt sorry for the young "hair stylists". They weren't exactly raking it in with tips. (I do tip good (20%) --my wife says too good).