1. The postings on BrownCafe are the personal opinions of individuals and don't necessarily represent UPS positions, strategies or opinions.

Retirement Benefits: How many years to get vested?

Discussion in 'UPS Retirement Topics' started by edwardh, May 9, 2008.

1. edwardh

edwardh New Member

Hi folks:

I worked as a driver for UPS (New Jersey) for 6 years and was under the impression...it was a long time ago (1993) that I was "vested" into the teamsters retirement plan.

I have been trying to find some information about this but keep coming to dead ends. Would REALLY appreciate any advice out there!

Ed
    Thailand
  2. retired2000

retired2000 Member

i believe you had to be in the union for 10 years.
  3. helenofcalifornia

helenofcalifornia New Member

I thought it was five years to be vested? Call the local Teamsters to get more info. It seems that you would be getting a yearly update on your retirement benefits if you were vested, but I could be wrong.
  4. edwardh

edwardh New Member

Thanks you guys, back in 1991 I was told it was 5 years but I haven't received any info form the Teamsters. I tried their website but seemed next to impossible to contact someone by email. I reckon I will contact them when I get home this summer. Again, thanks again for the info.

Sincerely,
    Edward Hillmann
    Thailand

PS: Give me a ring if you're ever in this part of the world!
  5. JonFrum

JonFrum Guest

Ed,

Different plans cover different areas of the country. This one covers (part of?) New Jersey:

BD OF TRUSTEES, UPS LOCAL 177 IBT MULTI-EMPLOYER RETIREMENT PLAN
    55 GLENLAKE PARKWAY, NE
    ATLANTA, GA 30328-3474