Retirement Estimator/Calculator

Johney

That is correct. Just because you go full-time does not mean you lost your part-time pension because you didn't have five years with the company.
IMG_5576.gif

oldngray

nowhere special
That is correct. Just because you go full-time does not mean you lost your part-time pension because you didn't have five years with the company.
Yeah but in my plan you need 5 years of PT credit before you get anything. It used to be 10 years but changed after I went driving and it was retroactive.

PoirotAtUPS

Yeah reduced monthly benefits. But again if the company goes under or union mishandles it in the future. You could lose it.
You won’t lose it - it can be cut but the federal pension guarantee corp will step in. Home Page | Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation Several regional plans were replenished by new bills in recent years and they reinstated pension benefits to mostly full benefit. Some were even retroactively repaid to members on reduced pensions.

oldngray

nowhere special
You won’t lose it - it can be cut but the federal pension guarantee corp will step in. Home Page | Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation Several regional plans were replenished by new bills in recent years and they reinstated pension benefits to mostly full benefit. Some were even retroactively repaid to members on reduced pensions.
PBGC would only pay you a fraction of what you were previously getting. Less than $1500/month I think. Not the same as the one time Teamster bailout.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
My teamster plan is based on total hours worked per year { min 275- 2 months credit to a max of 1800- full years credit }.
While p/t , I noticed that if I averaged 35 hrs / week it equaled a full years credit.
During vaca if I wasn't planning to be away, I would still work Sats. to increase my total hours worked.
I ended up with over 33 years of credit on my account, out of working 39 years.
Today I get a very healthy amount every month.
In fact I'm raking in more that all my highest years, except one, of working.
Plus I don't have to deal with a commute, all the expenses that come with it , nor deal with union dues.

oldngray

nowhere special
My teamster plan is based on total hours worked per year { min 275- 2 months credit to a max of 1800- full years credit }.
While p/t , I noticed that if I averaged 35 hrs / week it equaled a full years credit.
During vaca if I wasn't planning to be away, I would still work Sats. to increase my total hours worked.
I ended up with over 33 years of credit on my account, out of working 39 years.
Today I get a very healthy amount every month.
In fact I'm raking in more that all my highest years, except one, of working.
Plus I don't have to deal with a commute, all the expenses that come with it , nor deal with union dues.
Your fixed expenses go way down after you retire.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Your fixed expenses go way down after you retire.
except for my "hobby" of being a lobsterman.
My license does not allow me to sell my catch, so I end up giving them away.
Most go to the guy that lets me store my boat off season in his yard.
Sometimes, I just give them away to the first person I see back on shore.
I'm a very popular guy.

Retirement Estimator.
On the UPSers.com website under the Retirement Estimator tool, we have the option to input a ‘single’ or ‘multiple’ retirement monthly benefit scenarios.
After inputting the data in the ‘multiple’ option, you will see in the disclaimer that the ‘monthly benefit amounts do not reflect the latest collective bargaining agreement.’
Is this website accurate?
If those are accurate amounts, then why the disclaimer?
I did not get a definitive answer from UPS or UPS retirement.
Update!!!
I received an email from UPS Retirement stating they the UPSers.com website, where we can access the Retirement Calculator, will be updated next week reflecting the newest CBA monthly benefit amounts.

Non liberal

Ok, I was just relying on what the older guys I work with told me. I didn’t look into it myself.