Returning after 10 years

Discussion in 'UPS Partners' started by Discoteka, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Discoteka

Discoteka Just can't stay away

After a month of interviews and background checks, I'm returning to UPS as a PT sup, not at the same hub I started at.

On my tour, on the surface, it didn't appear that a lot had changed in the past decade. I know the beeping misload proof scanners are new, but what else has really changed? I start back next week.

I've enjoyed browsing these forums the past month getting back in the swing. You all are pretty cutthroat and hilarious.

2. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

:no::rolleyes:

3. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

Looks like you haven't changed in 10 years lol

4. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Biggest change would be the turn over rate. It is phenomenal. Same crappy job for the same crappy pay as 10 years ago. You are living proof that the "carrot and the stick" method does work. You sound like a pretty smart boy. I give you 6 months to figure it out before quitting again.

5. Discoteka

Well, until I decided to return I was a stay at home mother of 2 small children. The reason I came back was for the night hours and weekends/holidays off. My children will not need daycare and their routine will continue uninterrupted.

Going this route other than a retail job with unpredictable hours or working full time within the realms of my degree will be better for my children.

There is no need for nastiness, I am walking back in the hub with the experiences I had 10 years ago and not with glitter in my eyes for wealth or glamor.

I'm just trying to find out if there is any insight one could give me as to operational changes in the past 10 years.

6. rod

rod retired and happy

A lot has changed in 10 years. Ten years ago I had only been retired 4 years :-). Good luck on your return. Maintain a sense of humor, work safe and don't pay attention to the all BS.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

if you have been lurking these boards for the last month , what did you expect?

to answer your question. standards have lowered quite a bit.

8. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

So far, no one but angry and/or bitter Teamster hourlies have responded.
    I have been out of hub operation too long to provide any insight.

Maybe @FrigidPTSup
    can provide some insight.
    Most management people on here are F/T Package, Feeder or Staff.

9. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

I would but I lack the ability to compare then and now. 10 years ago I was just starting high school lol

10. Monkey Butt

And you are already an astronaut!
    I bet you momma is so proud!

11. FrigidFTSup

It was easier than dealing with Teamsters all day

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I've been here 11 years.

What hasn't changed is a shorter list.

We still deliver packages.....

13. Discoteka

Well since we still (sometimes) deliver packages, sounds like status quo. ;)

14. fres431

fres431 Active Member

What's changed? District managers I think we are on 19 or 20 had 4 this year, they all think they save area but they get forced out eventually

15. Monkey Butt

Districts went from 72 down to 19 in the US.
    Down to 2 Regions in US.

16. Discoteka

2 regions? That's...bold.

17. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

You've been retired for 14 years, and you still post here? I wouldn't want to hear about any of this crap once I retire. The day I retire will be the last day I ever post here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

How hard is it to deal with the teamsters? If you walk around with your hands in your pocket and tell people what to do you'll be just fine. Stop touching the packages.

19. FrigidFTSup

I catch more crap from teamsters when I sit there with hands in my pockets than when I touch packages.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  20. Anthonysg0113

Anthonysg0113 Active Member

I don't think I would come back to UPS after ten years, especially as a PT sup. You don't make hardly anything and no benefits. You have to take crap from hourlies and upper management. Almost not worth it at all. But good luck...