returning to ups after 4 years of military service (marines) HELP

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You wanna bet? 27,000 steps a day. Delivered in a very rich area with houses set not out of sight from the street, but decent walks. Never pulled in one driveway. Walked every stop off.

Anyone wonder why I walked every stop off? Because if I didn’t instead of going out with 115-120 a day, I would have been sent out with 170.
Try reading what I said and try again.

MattM

It's perfectly clear....it just doesn't say what you want it too.

USERRA provides that returning service-members are reemployed in the job that they would have attained had they not been absent for military service (the long-standing "escalator" principle), with the same seniority, status and pay, as well as other rights and benefits determined by seniority.

you would have attained NOTHING if you don’t pass the classes and physical and other bs. So you aren’t just plopped into a gig without proper training.
He’ll get the chance to quality with 30 days , just like the rest. He won’t be granted immunity. He may cut the line to the testing grounds but you still have to pass all that other crap unless again, I’m reading it all wrong.

542thruNthru

you would have attained NOTHING if you don’t pass the classes and physical and other bs. So you aren’t just plopped into a gig without proper training.
He’ll get the chance to quality with 30 days , just like the rest. He won’t be granted immunity.

The law has that in it. Provided he passes he will move up to where he should have been.

MattM

Good to know. I’m sw local as well. Time to hit the military ranks. We have a guy who’s been gone 6 straight weeks now. He was supposed to be reserve (one weekend a month type deals ). With the virus, he may be gone for good.
I can see the wage increases and pension and stuff continuing, but upon his return, he jumps everyone, there’s a disconnect that I will need to read up on.

Overpaid Union Thug

He’ll get the chance to quality with 30 days , just like the rest. He won’t be granted immunity. He may cut the line to the testing grounds but you still have to pass all that other crap unless again, I’m reading it all wrong.
It’s not “cutting the line.” It’s taking ones rightful place in line that was reserved for them by them completing their military service according to USERRA.That was passed to help people have the opportunity to serve (Either when called to active service from a reserve/guard component or deciding to go active for up to five years) without having to lose their job or place in line at that job.

govols019

You smell that?

I find you amusing.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I doubt any UPS route requires 13 miles of walking.
Screenshot_2020-01-13-22-50-51.png

Hey guys , talked to HR from my hub, all I was told is , when I get back they will fix my seniority issues, and any raises I earned while I was gone. I asked if I could bid for a ft position while on military leave , they said I might but I have to contact another person on Monday. They also told me I will be good and not to worry I’ll be working FT because of how much seniority I have but I don’t believe anything until I see it on paper or until I get back and see that FT spot. Not sure if I will have to be put on the bid list but I will find out on Monday and get more info. And yes I do need to get trained to be a driver just like everyone else, and I volunteered to serve for 4 years active duty. And passing the classes and physical is cake , the only hard part for me is transitioning back to civilian life, I will keep you guys updated, if there’s any questions I should ask on Monday that could help me just put it in the comments , thanks much guys stay safe.

542thruNthru

Steps mean nothing. 200 stops a day at 175 feet to the door and 175 feet back equals 13 miles.

Ok... I told you I do 28 miles correct? Do you know a route thats all resi that does 200 stops and only 28 miles? I walk apartments complexes all day. Literally all day.

Also tell me Mr. Scientist how steps mean nothing. I park my truck 11 times through out the day. I guess in Wisconsin they also don't have Mall routes?

It's very easy to get that many miles walking.