RLA PETITION

bbsam

Staff member
Then explain why the Teamsters haven't done it. LOL!

Sent using BrownCafe App
Because you have more to gain in getting it done quickly. They have another two decades and you haven't given any sign that you're down for the fight.

CJinx

Sounds to me like you'd rather sit on the sidelines and do absolutely nothing while a third party does all the heavy lifting. If they succeed, you benefit with no investment; if they fail, you've wagered and lost nothing.

MAKAVELI

Sounds to me like you'd rather sit on the sidelines and do absolutely nothing while a third party does all the heavy lifting. If they succeed, you benefit with no investment; if they fail, you've wagered and lost nothing.
Do you really think posting a link is too much to ask of the Teamsters? Besides this petition is for the whole airline industry not just FedEx. Btw the Teamsters have an airline div, so there is no excuse not to have it posted.

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe they know that in the end they will be used as leverage and the couriers will sell out to Fred for far less than they could have gotten. So why should the Teamsters spend what resources they have on people who have no loyalty to them and probably never will?

bbsam

Staff member
Do you really think posting a link is too much to ask of the Teamsters? Besides this petition is for the whole airline industry not just FedEx. Btw the Teamsters have an airline div, so there is no excuse not to have it posted.
The entire industry? And not 1000 signatures?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
For your information back in 2009/10 I did quite a bit on a local basis and was in contact with a rep from the national office, well guess what, they without noticed ceased all contact with anyone from FedEx. So with that kind of cooperation I don't feel the Teamsters are the best bet at all. Hoffa Jr. Is hardly the aggressor his dad was.

Now Scam and CJinx, enlighten us with your union organizing approach if you even have one.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Maybe they know that in the end they will be used as leverage and the couriers will sell out to Fred for far less than they could have gotten. So why should the Teamsters spend what resources they have on people who have no loyalty to them and probably never will?
Who told you that? Dano?

Sent using BrownCafe App

bbsam

Staff member
Who told you that? Dano?

Sent using BrownCafe App
Think what HR is saying when they say a union isn't needed. They're saying that they know when the rank and file become restless they can afford to buy them off before things get too crazy.

bbsam

Staff member
For your information back in 2009/10 I did quite a bit on a local basis and was in contact with a rep from the national office, well guess what, they without noticed ceased all contact with anyone from FedEx. So with that kind of cooperation I don't feel the Teamsters are the best bet at all. Hoffa Jr. Is hardly the aggressor his dad was.

Now Scam and CJinx, enlighten us with your union organizing approach if you even have one.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I think whole stations will have to walk out. We're probably at least a decade away from seeing it happen.

CJinx

My union organizing approach is to not consign myself to menial labor for the rest of my professional life. I have a career path in mind and I know where I want to be 5 and 10 years from now, a union would be more of a hindrance than a benefit to my advancement.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
So you with logic, my friend with the non athletic son should just drop him off at a fire station and adopt one who can field and hit for power? You know, he has the ability to "change" the situation by doing just that. And I guess Fox news viewership aren't "Most rational people" for Fox and Friends and other show on that network Whine over one topic after another," The war on Freedom", or ," The war on religion"....."War on Marriage". Lots of people complain/whine. You, yourself continue to Whine about other people whining. You have the ability to change it by leaving this site but you wouldn't because like a good friend who complains about his son's coach, it's just not that big a deal for most people.

You dragged a cable channel's programming into a discussion about why people who complain about FedEx won't do anything about it?

::::SIGH::::

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Sounds to me like you'd rather sit on the sidelines and do absolutely nothing while a third party does all the heavy lifting.

They think that FedEx owes them whatever and that the IBT owes them the work to get it done. It's almost like they consistently expect others to do whatever they demand.

if they fail, you've wagered and lost nothing.

But they'll still complain about how the IBT let them down.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
I'm grateful that there are those, that will take a "stand". I'm riding on the coattails of those that got beat, fire-hosed, attacked by dogs and much worse.

Though those days are supposedly gone, there are quite a few that "stand for nothing."
So glad those before me, weren't as selfish. They saw the "big picture" of making it better for their children, grandchildren, etc.

Can't tell you, how many times I've stood up for the weak, only to be standing by myself (includes getting signature cards, putting the word out, etc.).

Those same folk are wondering, why they won't get that 2% this year. We let the new hires know, you will NEVER, EVER top out. Welcome to FEDEX.

Hope everyone has a "retirement" plan and/or a spouse that helps, with the gross income.

Serf

I'm riding on the coattails of those that got beat, fire-hosed, attacked by dogs and much worse.
Sounds like the civil rights movement dude.

Hey M.W. - I'm ex-military and so is my family

What do you want me to say to this? Lord knows the many stances I could take.