Rodney King Died

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I use the term R.I.P. often. But have you ever thought how dumb it is???
How exactly does one NOT rest in peace????

Have you considered that 90% of everything we say is dumb and well over 90% of the words posted on here are dumb?

The term RIP is not for the person that died but for the rest of us still alive.

RIP is no less dumb than "passed on", "better place", "no longer suffering", etc. - these terms are for the living.

over9five

Staff member
Have you considered that 90% of everything we say is dumb and well over 90% of the words posted on here are dumb?

The term RIP is not for the person that died but for the rest of us still alive.

RIP is no less dumb than "passed on", "better place", "no longer suffering", etc. - these terms are for the living.

Hoax, I don't have TIME to mention all the dumb things we post here, I only have one life!

I did say I use the term often, and agree totally it's for the living. The guy you're saying it about sure doesn't care!

P.S. Please don't change my post...!!

rod

Retired 22 years

I got so sick and tired of hearing that phrase when my son died I wanted to strangle anyone who said it. A better place would have been standing next to me alive - doing what we always did.

moreluck

golden ticket member
So does Rodney King's family now sue the L.A.P.D.? After all, they are the reason he even has a pool.

Sounds like something Maher would say if the topic was Palin!!