RTD Pay Progression

Oldfart

The pension he will be receiving will more than make up for the difference.
How can you say that without knowing the details?

That's right. You THINK you know everything. Now you work for the Social Security Administration and you know the details of his state pension.

Either way, it sucks paying over 6% SS taxes for many years and not getting it all back. Many intelligent people will invest that 6% they are saving by not paying SS into a Roth to make sure you can live the good life at retirement.

MAKAVELI

How can you say that without knowing the details?

That's right. You THINK you know everything. Now you work for the Social Security Administration and you know the details of his state pension.

Either way, it sucks paying over 6% SS taxes for many years and not getting it all back. Many intelligent people will invest that 6% they are saving by not paying SS into a Roth to make sure you can live the good life at retirement.
He will get back what he paid into it. There is no penalty. You might want to look up most government pensions before you make the assumption he will be losing $. :happy2:

Oldfart

He will get back what he paid into it. There is no penalty. You might want to look up most government pensions before you make the assumption he will be losing $. :happy2:
So now you are saying there is no such thing at the Windfall Elimination Provision or the Government Pension Offset. I guess the SS.gov website must be wrong.

Like I said, there is a POSSIBILITY there could be a penalty. You CLAIMED there absolutely will not be. Without knowing the specifics, you can't make that statement. That is one difference between you and I. I deal in facts and you deal in, well, certainly not facts.

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

So now you are saying there is no such thing at the Windfall Elimination Provision or the Government Pension Offset. I guess the SS.gov website must be wrong.

Like I said, there is a POSSIBILITY there could be a penalty. You CLAIMED there absolutely will not be. Without knowing the specifics, you can't make that statement. That is one difference between you and I. I deal in facts and you deal in, well, certainly not facts.
There is no penalty for working at a government employer. You really have no clue bruh. Look it up.

Last edited:

fedx

Extra Large Package
I’m not going to lie, I took a GREAT pay cut! I was a topped out Rtd at 29.88 when I left. And I started at about 20.00. But no social security tax and a conventional type retirement so not as much need to fund a 401 or Ira, which I felt as if I needed to do 15% at Fedex.

Time off is amazing. I get 10 sick days a year and yes I can roll em over. Vacation is 3.1 hours per pay or about 2 weeks a year. And yes we can roll em over. My next vacation raise is at 4 years and it goes to the equivalent of 4 weeks. Personal time is 8 hours per quarter so 32 hours a year and we can hold up to 40 hours. And the best is comp time. We can take our over time in time off so every 1 hour of over time equals 1.5 hours of comp time. We can hold up to 240 comp hours. And to take time off is an hour notice per hour. So to take 8 hours off is an 8 hour notice or 40 hours notice for 40 hours off. So I plow snow for overtime and take 6 weeks off in the summer and fall.
So you don't have to schedule your vacation a year in advance like at FedEx? Nice.

Oldfart

And he'll have a pension and SS worth more than yours. Bummer.......
Once again, you have no way of knowing that. Come on tupac, lay off the pipe, there is nothing good that can happen when you hit the pipe.

Plus he admitted he no longer contributes to a 401k or IRA and only put in 15% while he worked. With the returns the Vanguard plans have had over the years, most likely my retirement income will make his look like chump change.

Csdsm18

Hey all I can say is least with the free training we got or least I got it thru fedex you can easily get another job since you have a cdl. So if everyone hates it so much you can easily leave. Not like a courier don't have many options with that. Just saying.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Hey all I can say is least with the free training we got or least I got it thru fedex you can easily get another job since you have a cdl. So if everyone hates it so much you can easily leave. Not like a courier don't have many options with that. Just saying.
I like to call that CDL the Golden Ticket. Lol.

Oldfart

The poster that bragged about getting his CDL and leaving FDX admitted he took a nearly 20k pay cut. Other than getting to schedule vacation much easier and some extra sick days, where did he benefit?

There are plenty of city and regional truck drivers that do not make the 30 to 35 an hour FDX pays.

MAKAVELI

The poster that bragged about getting his CDL and leaving FDX admitted he took a nearly 20k pay cut. Other than getting to schedule vacation much easier and some extra sick days, where did he benefit?

There are plenty of city and regional truck drivers that do not make the 30 to 35 an hour FDX pays.
He took a pay cut to start but those state jobs usually top out in 5 years and they usually don't pay for healthcare. I would bet he's not really seeing a huge cut in pay even with the hourly difference at first.

Oldfart

He took a pay cut to start but those state jobs usually top out in 5 years and they usually don't pay for healthcare. I would bet he's not really seeing a huge cut in pay even with the hourly difference at first.
There you go making statements with ZERO knowledge of the facts. Put the pipe down.

Got 20k is raises in 5 years? I pay $250 a month in healthcare. Less than $1 an hour. Think I would rather pay for insurance than lose 20k a year.

Do you think before you post or do you just make things up?

Last edited:

fedex_rtd

You don't make that kind of money either living in Florida...plus you don't even drive a class A, all you do is drive a key board...if this was a military forum you would be nothing more than a stolen valor type of loser.

Oldfart

You don't make that kind of money either living in Florida...plus you don't even drive a class A, all you do is drive a key board...if this was a military forum you would be nothing more than a stolen valor type of loser.
Don't live in Florida and until I went part time a month or so ago, I was classified as an RTD and probably have been before you could spell Fedex. RTD pay here is 29.31. There are plenty of city drivers pulling trailers that do not make that.

Csdsm18

Florida's top rate is 29.31 along with most other southern states.