Sales reps: Oh, NOW you want to start contacting customers?

Overpaid Union Thug

Has anyone else that has a lot of pick up accounts been told that a local sales rep has been calling to see if we are making pick ups? I lost count of how many of my pick up customers have told me that.

Apparently one for my area has been calling asking whether or not I’ve started coming by and if I‘m making the pick up on time. I assume he means during the pick up window. My customers have basically told him yeah. Don’t worry. He’s got this.

What’s strange is you can’t get these guys to contact any customers for a sales lead, which I gave up on a very long time ago, or when an existing account has issues and wants to speak with them. But now they want to attempt to micromanage their drivers from the comfort of their wasted cubicle space? LOL.

Since the start of the pandemic we have been dealing with closures, customers opening later, closing earlier, and other nonsense and these supposed sales reps want to try to get proactive now? Well, they are rather late to the party. As usual.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Has anyone else that has a lot of pick up accounts been told that a local sales rep has been calling to see if we are making pick ups? I lost count of how many of my pick up customers have told me that.

Apparently one for my area has been calling asking whether or not I’ve started coming by and if I‘m making the pick up on time. I assume he means during the pick up window. My customers have basically told him yeah. Don’t worry. He’s got this.

What’s strange is you can’t get these guys to contact any customers for a sales lead, which I gave up on a very long time ago, or when an existing account has issues and wants to speak with them. But now they want to attempt to micromanage their drivers from the comfort of their wasted cubicle space? LOL.

Since the start of the pandemic we have been dealing with closures, customers opening later, closing earlier, and other nonsense and these supposed sales reps want to try to get proactive now? Well, they are rather late to the party. As usual.

Probably not their idea, I'm sure they have a flavor of the month in their department too

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

The sales hacks were probably slacking off and someone in corporate lowered the boom, so to justify their existence, they started making calls.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?

Ain't that the truth? Lazy bastards don't do a damn thing. Lost an account awhile ago that shipped 2 skids of 10 50lb next day air every day like clockwork. Serious money. Been 3 years and most i can get them to do is call and leave a half asked voice-mail. God forbid you actually get into your car and go make the company money. I wouldn't want you to do that.

Over70irregs

I will NEVER EVER submit another sales lead again. Point system always changes to rip you off. When they talk I’m thinking do some jumpseat and drop that gut bro.....

Future

Victory Ride
The sales hacks were probably slacking off and someone in corporate lowered the boom, so to justify their existence, they started making calls.
They where out helping drivers last Saturday. Not really sure how the Union allowed that one .