“I want to be a driver!”

Zowert

Had this clown come up to me this morning and say, “I heard you guys are making $49 an hour!?” I just said yeah eventually. “Well, I want to be a driver, what do I do?” I told him to apply online, but he would have to start working part time as a package handler first then sign bid sheets. “I CAN’T DO THAT! I just want to drive.” I thought he was messing with me but this dude was dead serious.

Any of you guys getting people coming out of the woodwork now that “$49 an hour” has been plastered all over the media? This is the third person that’s come up to me about our wages. I don’t want to deal with this lol!

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Had this clown come up to me this morning and say, “I heard you guys are making $49 an hour!?” I just said yeah eventually. “Well, I want to be a driver, what do I do?” I told him to apply online, but he would have to start working part time as a package handler first then sign bid sheets. “I CAN’T DO THAT! I just want to drive.” I thought he was messing with me but this dude was dead serious.

Any of you guys getting people coming out of the woodwork now that “$49 an hour” has been plastered all over the media? This is the third person that’s come up to me about our wages. I don’t want to deal with this lol!
Send them to Amazon

anonymous23456

You didn't tell him to try FedEx? Twice now I see the guy in FedEx uniform in the shooting range on Sunday. It was strange. Do they work on Sunday? It looked like he came straight from work and didn't bother changing his clothes.

Zowert

You didn't tell him to try FedEx? Twice now I see the guy in FedEx uniform in the shooting range on Sunday. It was strange. Do they work on Sunday? It looked like he came straight from work and didn't bother changing his clothes.
Yes some of them do. I see one flying down my street on Sundays. I yell at him, “SLOW DOWN!!” He just smiles at me, that punk treating my neighborhood like a race track.

JL 0513

Yup, that poor messaging put out by the Teamsters has everyone thinking we are now making $49/hr or that we're all getting A/C very soon. I have to keep telling people most of us still won't have A/C 10 years from now. UPS has put a ton of new cars on the road these last few years that'll be in service for another 15 years.

PPH_over_9000

Yup, that poor messaging put out by the Teamsters has everyone thinking we are now making $49/hr or that we're all getting A/C very soon. I have to keep telling people most of us still won't have A/C 10 years from now. UPS has put a ton of new cars on the road these last few years that'll be in service for another 15 years.

DAWG!

No less than 30ppl have commented about the AC as I pull into random country/convenience stores for a quick break. ALL OF THEM think we already have AC in our trucks, and most of them are dumbstruck when I tell them that UPS only needs to have AC in cars purchased after 1/1/24, but everything bought prior to that? You get a fan. Maybe two, idk, depends on how much management likes you.

I don't even bother to tell them that that BS hasn't even been ratified yet.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Yes some of them do. I see one flying down my street on Sundays. I yell at him, “SLOW DOWN!!” He just smiles at me, that punk treating my neighborhood like a race track.

Next time he stops near your house, run over and slash his tires. Then see how far he gets.

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
yea it happens quite a bit. i always take the opportunity to point out that what the company is advertising is at least 1/3 baloney. and that that's not unique to UPS, every company does the same thing. so if they're taking it at face value they're just trying to be dumb.

Zowert

Next time he stops near your house, run over and slash his tires. Then see how far he gets.
I actually thought about doing something. I live on a very low traffic street, the posted speed limit is 20mph but he hauls ass at 35+ mph. I talked to him once at a gas station near my house but this was before I started catching him racing down my street so I couldn’t confront him about it. There are kids and pets that are almost always outside playing when this jerk is bombing down our road. I drive nice and slow around the neighborhoods on my route, not only for safety reasons but out of respect for the people who live there. This guy covers the same area every day just like I do but doesn’t seem to care.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I actually thought about doing something. I live on a very low traffic street, the posted speed limit is 20mph but he hauls ass at 35+ mph. I talked to him once at a gas station near my house but this was before I started catching him racing down my street so I couldn’t confront him about it. There are kids and pets that are almost always outside playing when this jerk is bombing down our road. I drive nice and slow around the neighborhoods on my route, not only for safety reasons but out of respect for the people who live there. This guy covers the same area every day just like I do but doesn’t seem to care.
That boy needs a talking too. I figured kids and dogs were around too.

Zowert

That boy needs a talking too. I figured kids and dogs were around too.
He will get one once I can corner him, little Gen Z punk! I don’t live in the slums, this is an upper-middle class neighborhood goddamnit! Do I go racing around your dumpy apartment complex? No! Show some respect.