“I want to be a driver!”

Zowert

I have distant family members calling asking if I can hook them up with a driver position lol
I have total strangers walking up to me on the street asking if I can hook them up with a driver position. I’m like dude I probably couldn’t even get you in as a part timer right now, that’s how ridiculous it’s getting.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I have total strangers walking up to me on the street asking if I can hook them up with a driver position. I’m like dude I probably couldn’t even get you in as a part timer right now, that’s how ridiculous it’s getting.
Tell them how easy it is to work at UPS. :censored2:in idiots wouldn’t last an hour.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
My first summer was when it really hit me. Felt like I was working out of an oven, making under $19/hr at the time, I don’t know how I kept going.
I started in the summer too. After 2 days with a ORS I was sent out blind on a spare. By peak I was beginning to have second thoughts. Lol. I seriously don’t know how I made it.

clean hairy

So many think you drive around and deliver a box.
Then you drive around awhile more and deliver another box.
Have them work as a driver helper during peak, and see what tbey think of how easy it is.....

Trucker Clock

Yeah bro all you gotta do is show up, play on your phone and get paid $170k a year!

I tell them you have to start at $21/hr part time first. Work 10 years and then maybe get to go full time. You then have a 4 year progression making half what the drivers make. So, in about 15 years, your might see that kind of money. Oh, and $50K of that $170K is not in your paycheck. It's your healthcare and pension.

Brownisbrown

UPS EMPLOYEE
So many think you drive around and deliver a box.
Then you drive around awhile more and deliver another box.
Have them work as a driver helper during peak, and see what tbey think of how easy it is.....
Trust me, you dont want to see what twitter even thinks. This one guy was confused how we were supposed to make a profit because he calculated we only drop off 5 box an hour and 49/5 is 9.8

Zowert

Trust me, you dont want to see what twitter even thinks. This one guy was confused how we were supposed to make a profit because he calculated we only drop off 5 box an hour and 49/5 is 9.8
What a clown. Does he not realize bulk stops are a thing? Like dropping off 600 brand new iPhones, all NDA, to an Apple Store.

Just got a call from I guy I haven't talked to in a couple years.

"They give you them big ass raises?"

No

"You ain't makin' $170k like they say?"

No

"And you ain't hirin', huh?"

No

"Cool man, I'll catch up with you soon, bro."

Zowert

Just got a call from I guy I haven't talked to in a couple years.

"They give you them big ass raises?"

No

"You ain't makin' $170k like they say?"

No

"And you ain't hirin', huh?"

No

"Cool man, I'll catch up with you soon, bro."
FedEx Ground guy on my route looks at me with a smile, “So hey buddy, Uhh… $49 an hour?! You guys hiring?”