Sarah Palin at Tea party convention...cheating!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
You guys had your chance, under Bush, as Demostrations all across the US took place.
Could have rounded them all up them.
This one is just from Chicago, but all major cities, and Washington also had them.

Sorry but unlike these protesters I had to go to work that day.

klein

Für Meno :)
Sarah Palin in my province today (City of Calgary) !!!
Wondering what the hell she is doing here ?
I guess Calgary does have over 100.000 americans living there, but gee, only thing we have in common with her is Alaska and Alberta OIl and Gas industry. Nothing more !
I wonder if a demostartion will take place later today, at her arrival ?
I'm quite sure she has bashed our Healthcare, and we won't tolerate that. She better not mention it in her speech.

I do know, we are the most conservative Province in Canada, for over 40 years or so, no other party has lead this province.
But, nothing near the far right she, (and fox news ), is !
Will be interessting, but I assume, only republican americans will be going to it, anyways.

Sarah Palin sets a date with Calgary

U.S. political star to speak at Stampede Park

Interessting to read are the comments that follow.

klein

Look out cause she's packin' !!

I'm afraid of that ! She will like it there ! With the Canadian Rockies in the background of the city (like Denver), and a very modern , sophisticated city. I lived there for 14 years. pics :

images
images
images
images

tieguy

Banned
I'm afraid of that ! She will like it there ! With the Canadian Rockies in the background of the city (like Denver), and a very modern , sophisticated city. I lived there for 14 years. pics :

images
images
images
images

looks like Sarah may be there to find out why so many canadians are crossing the border for health care. I guess your city is not progressive enough to treat its citizens.

klein

looks like Sarah may be there to find out why so many canadians are crossing the border for health care. I guess your city is not progressive enough to treat its citizens.

Excuse me......
Calgary is 4000 km or almost 3000 miles away from that guy, that seeked medical treatmeant !
Your comparing Butte, Montana with Maimi here !
Little how you know about Calgary and Alberta.

tieguy

Banned
i know your citizens are coming to america to get health care and now its your leaders doing it.

is there anyone in canada not finding a reason to cross the border?

klein

You would know best Tie. You spent weeks in the hospital there. Probably came across hundreds of Canadian Patients in there.
Probably heard lots of french speaking, too (25% of Canadians speak french).

Just a shame, that only about 50% of Canadians carry a passport (DS doesn't have 1), or more would go there.

tieguy

Banned
You would know best Tie. You spent weeks in the hospital there. Probably came across hundreds of Canadian Patients in there.
Probably heard lots of french speaking, too (25% of Canadians speak french).

Just a shame, that only about 50% of Canadians carry a passport (DS doesn't have 1), or more would go there.

University and hopkins are world reknown hospitals that get patients from all over the world. You kind of stuck your foot in your mouth on that one bud.

klein

University and hopkins are world reknown hospitals that get patients from all over the world. You kind of stuck your foot in your mouth on that one bud.

Do you live there ?
This is what Calgary has to offer :

Calgary Hospitals
  • The four Calgary hospitals have a combined total of more than 2,164 beds.
  • All provide 24-hour emergency care and operate as - , trauma centres for southern Alberta, southeastern British Columbia and southwestern Saskatchewan.
  • The Alberta Children's Hospital is the Pediatric Trauma Centre for these areas.
  • The hospitals have a combined total employee population over 11,500.
Medical Research

The University of Calgary Faculty of Medicine is a national leader in health research with an international reputation for excellence and innovation.
  • In 2004, the faculty received more than $100 million in research grants and contracts from the federal and provincial governments, charitable organizations and industry.
  • The faculty's 13 cross-disciplinary research groups have fostered world-class health research results for cancer, cardiovascular, diabetes, joint injury and arthritis, genetic research and others.
  • Houses excellent core facilities for state-of-the-art research at the cellular and molecular level.

tieguy

Banned
Do you live there ?
This is what Calgary has to offer :

Calgary Hospitals
  • The four Calgary hospitals have a combined total of more than 2,164 beds.
  • All provide 24-hour emergency care and operate as - , trauma centres for southern Alberta, southeastern British Columbia and southwestern Saskatchewan.
  • The Alberta Children's Hospital is the Pediatric Trauma Centre for these areas.
  • The hospitals have a combined total employee population over 11,500.
Medical Research

The University of Calgary Faculty of Medicine is a national leader in health research with an international reputation for excellence and innovation.
  • In 2004, the faculty received more than $100 million in research grants and contracts from the federal and provincial governments, charitable organizations and industry.
  • The faculty's 13 cross-disciplinary research groups have fostered world-class health research results for cancer, cardiovascular, diabetes, joint injury and arthritis, genetic research and others.you
  • Houses excellent core facilities for state-of-the-art research at the cellular and molecular level.

Not sure how this responds to hopkins and university providing the world with quality health care.

were you sending me info on hospitals to avoid?

Perhaps info on the hospitals your leadership were running away from?

klein

See i didn't realize that you had all those different countries up there. I thought there was one country called canada.

1 country with 10 provinces, (and 3 territories), each province has thier own healthcare, and healthcare budgets. They all must, however, follow, the minimum guidelines of the Canada Healthcare Act.
Some provinces are richer then others, and throw more dollars into the health-sector then the less fortunate provinces.
We do NOT carry a Canada Healthcare Card, but a Provincial one.
Like each province has thier own drivers licence, and licence plate. Collect thier own provincial income taxes, and sales taxes.
Regulate thier own likor and cigarette prices, etc.

Maybe it sounds familiar to simple Americans, like yourself ?

Btw: Ever heard of the Edmonton Protocol Medical procedure ?
A very successful diabetic operational procedure. Now practised all over the world.
Invented right here, in the city I was born and currently live, again.
http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/abstract/355/13/1318

Last edited: