Sarah Palin Says Independence Day Is For Remembering When Jesus Led The Revolution

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I dont get this whole "praying "concept. If God knows all, and has a plan for us all why would one want him/her to deviate from the Master Plan ?

Atheist Commie! I don't get it either, but I read somewhere that the average American reads at the 6th grade level. Our Right Wing friends would seem to prove that claim.

10 point

you should get your news from credible news sources
It's harder to believe in a credible source today. I'll give you that.

The amendment I read recently was about the taking of an innocent life that can't defend itself. There is a higher law than the Roe vs Wade outcome.

It doesn't matter to me what you think about my posts but the issue will be settled by a court far above the ones we deal with here.
Do I support Palin for any government office? No. Not at all.
Do I respect your opinions? Yes. We will all answer for the people we support into office knowing their agenda and views on moral issues.
We all have a choice.
Choose wisely.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
It's harder to believe in a credible source today. I'll give you that.

The amendment I read recently was about the taking of an innocent life that can't defend itself. There is a higher law than the Roe vs Wade outcome.

It doesn't matter to me what you think about my posts but the issue will be settled by a court far above the ones we deal with here.
Do I support Palin for any government office? No. Not at all.
Do I respect your opinions? Yes. We will all answer for the people we support into office knowing their agenda and views on moral issues.
We all have a choice.
Choose wisely.
I am a firm believer in separation of Church and State. To try and tie laws to ones religious beliefs was very much frowned upon by our Founding Fathers.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I am a firm believer in separation of Church and State. To try and tie laws to ones religious beliefs was very much frowned upon by our Founding Fathers.
You are also a firm believer of lying apparently. You lied and this whole thread is a lie. In my opinion this thread should be deleted for being untrue.

Last edited:

10 point

I dont get this whole "praying "concept. If God knows all, and has a plan for us all why would one want him/her to deviate from the Master Plan ?
That's an easy one. Because God hears the prayers of those that know Him and believe in His Son's sacrifice for us.

There's a plan for sure because Psalms Chapter 37 says just what you said...that God planned all of our days before we were born.

The problem is that we make choices that screws up that plan and there is another evil plan set up by Satan to keep us from achieving what God's plan will yield in our lives. Jeremiah Chapter 29 confirms God's promise to us if we obey.

I'm not ashamed to post this regardless of any ridicule that comes from it. Have a good night.

av8torntn

just for you!
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/benghazi.asp

Benghazi Bungle

benghazi.jpg

Claim: Various critical statements about the September 2012 terrorist attacks on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya:

content-divider.gif

red.gif
FALSE: Administration officials watched the attacks unfold in real time but did nothing to intervene.

red.gif
FALSE: Requests issued by U.S. personnel for military back-up during the attacks were denied.

red.gif
FALSE: General Carter Ham was relieved of his command for attempting to provide military assistance during the Benghazi attacks.

red.gif
FALSE: Rear Admiral Charles M. Gaouette was relieved of his command for attempting to provide military assistance during the Benghazi attacks.
content-divider.gif

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/benghazi.asp#Wk6sdwg0PWoFd8kv.99

So you agree with me that you have no answer for that incompetence either?

10 point

Really, the Founding Fathers were reported to set it up for just the opposite reason.

They wanted to make sure that the government would not strangle anyone's faith not the other way around.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
That's an easy one. Because God hears the prayers of those that know Him and believe in His Son's sacrifice for us.

There's a plan for sure because Psalms Chapter 37 says just what you said...that God planned all of our days before we were born.

The problem is that we make choices that screws up that plan and there is another evil plan set up by Satan to keep us from achieving what God's plan will yield in our lives. Jeremiah Chapter 29 confirms God's promise to us if we obey.

I'm not ashamed to post this regardless of any ridicule that comes from it. Have a good night.
no ridicule here my friend. excellent explanation

Bringdough

Constitution prohibits the federal govt establishing a religion for the country, and says nothing about the separation of church and state. It doesn't mean that a group of high school seniors can't have a prayer at graduation. It doesn't mean that you can't have a cross on public land. If it did someone better fire the house chaplain before he prays at the beginning of a session. I too I'm against a state established religion. You and I would disagree on the definition of what establish means.

Sent using BrownCafe App

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Really, the Founding Fathers were reported to set it up for just the opposite reason.

They wanted to make sure that the government would not strangle anyone's faith not the other way around.
we'll have to agree to disagree as I feel the the actions of the Anglican Church in England made many(Adams,Franklin and Jefferson) to be very wary of mixing the two in the newly minted USA

10 point

Many of our laws were tied to Biblical truth.

Why do you think that people were asked to swear, take an oath on the Bible before they went up to the witness stand?

"So help me God" were the final four words of the oath to tell the truth on the witness stand.

They knew which God the bayliff was talking about because His Name was between the covers of the one book they were asked to swear on.

Last edited:

av8torntn

That's true. They sought liberty not a government sponsored church.

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams

[T]he Christian religion, in its purity, is the basis, or rather the source of all genuine freedom in government. . . . and I am persuaded that no civil government of a republican form can exist and be durable in which the principles of that religion have not a controlling influence." -N Webster

"Human law must rest its authority ultimately upon the authority of that law which is divine. . . . Far from being rivals or enemies, religion and law are twin sisters, friends, and mutual assistants. Indeed, these two sciences run into each other." J Wilson

"Religion and morality are the essential pillars of civil society." -G Washington

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Constitution prohibits the federal govt establishing a religion for the country, and says nothing about the separation of church and state. It doesn't mean that a group of high school seniors can't have a prayer at graduation. It doesn't mean that you can't have a cross on public land. If it did someone better fire the house chaplain before he prays at the beginning of a session. I too I'm against a state established religion. You and I would disagree on the definition of what establish means.

Sent using BrownCafe App
we disagree about most things so that would be par for the course