Saturday Air Grievance

In my building all PT Air drivers, both bid and exception, are lumped together for the purpose of extra or Saturday work. Art. 22.3 Air drivers are guaranteed 8 hours of work between Air driving and their pre load or hub job. After that seniority prevails for extra work.

rrhogueiii

thx, thought of 1 more question. if a P/T air bid is posted and I sign and win bid (36 years seniority),do I go to the air list and slot in where my seniority allows?

I think you are asking if you take your PT seniority with you to a bid PT Air Driver job. Yes, but you may have to go through a partial progression to top Air rate. Depends on how much air work you have done the previous 2 years. Read Art. 40 Sec 6 (2). Why do you want to take a huge cut in pay? Easier work load?

rrhogueiii

I have been an air driver since ups started premium service in ND,i am the first air driver in state, top scale now. yes, a pay cut (from 33.69 to 26.14) but correct, much easier work.

I thought you were a pre loader. $33.69 is top package car driver rate where I am. Top pre load pay is $33.15 and yes $26.14 for air. Car wash is unskilled so I make $32.10 when ever I show up for an hour or two. Get enough time in driving during the day to skip the car wash.

So pre loaders and drivers make the same rate? I also am in the Midwest and you can see our pre loaders make $.54/hr less. Except there are no top PTers left on the pre load. A few on the Day sort and couple on Twi.

rrhogueiii

yes, just 2 of us left at the old contract rate on preload (out of about 40 total). we also have 2 on twi-light sort that are 33.69 old contract people.

rrhogueiii

in ND (local 638),"old contract" P/T's are same scale as friend/T drivers.as I recall, progression was same for friend/T and P/T" back in the day"

rrhogueiii

by the way, where are you, if you don't mind me asking? also, are you a college FB fan? if so, watch espn gameday tomorrow, show here in fargo for second straight year. cool as hell !!