Scary world

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Hangingon, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Hangingon

Hangingon New Member

This is from that magazine referenced by the news story on the front page from the magazine Inspire. the front page of the magazine has one of our planes also.

Bleah I can't save the picture right. It also shows 2 of our PC's at the bottom of the page with an article about what else they plan to do.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  2. Hangingon

Hangingon New Member

3. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

Why hasn't ups said anything about this...they are a target for terriorism now and there hasn't been one word.
  4. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

They don't want to hurt there production.
  5. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

Not they ----We
  6. fxdwg

fxdwg Member

I can associate with the "they". Don't believe it.
  7. Dragon

Dragon Package Center Manager

So what is it exactly, you want us to say to you, about being a target for terrorism??

Here - I will help you with the first one everyone else feel free to add yours.

8. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

YOU, without UPS are a target for terrorism!!!
  9. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Remember, if you're scared then the terrorists have won!
  10. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

They already won. (Been on a commercial flight in the last nine years?)
  11. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

So are you saying our planes were not secured at the time of this incident?
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  12. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Who was indecent?
  13. Johney

God dang spell check I missed that!
  14. Johney

Fixed....I think
  15. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

UPsas to worry about other issues. Such as LIBS,no scans, missed pick ups, missorts. Etc . Secured planed not to worry.
  16. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

It's been mentioned a few times in our center with the disclaimer "we're not supposed to mention this". Do they think we live in a cave? Sadly, the company might have found a safety issue they can't blame on lack of memorizing drivel.
  17. Coldworld

Terrorism has been around forever but this is the first time that I know that ups has been directly involved and from what different groups have been putting on their websites this will what is ups doing to protect their employees. Its a serious issue dragon,two pilots have already died.ok let's focus on keeping the pc doors secured...all the while the possibility of dangerous packages could already be in the back of the truck...maybe you should try again.
  18. Dragon

Dragon Package Center Manager

Ok spyboy, I know you have the inside track on how the plane crashed last month......would you and the boys and girls at the three letter puzzle palace (not UPS) please explain to us everyday joe's, what it is you would like us to do in order to protect the employees against the terrorism.
  19. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Stop production harassment.
    Treat employees with dignity and respect.
    Don't violate the contract.
    Also offer a buyout for Teamster employees with 30 years of service at around 100k!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
  20. Coldworld

Your in mgmt and are suppose to keep the best interests of your employees in mind at all times...right ...its not unreasable to know what precautions ups is doing to protect employees. I'm not trying to had a tit for tat here...its a reasonable question. Are you saying that the plane that crashed was mechanical in dubaui??