Scary world

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We have had telematics for about two years keeping the bulk head open isnt an option.

Its always an "option"...the only difference is that, with Telematics, if the car moves with the door open you will show up on a report and someone wearing a tie will come to you the next day with a copy of that report and whine about it.

I still havent figured out why they spent all the money on the wiring and sensors that do nothing but generate a report, when it would be a simple matter to hook the sensors directly into the ignition of the vehicle and prevent it from starting unless the door was closed and the seatbelt was buckled. 100% compliance, guranteed. Maybe it has to do with providing job security for the management people who apparently have nothing better to do with their time than to run around all day with a stack of reports.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Agreed.

I'm just saying securing the car (although I agree with doing that) does not prevent anyone from getting a bomb onto a PC.

+1.

A terrorist with the technical expertise to assemble a parcel bomb that can be remotely detonated once it has been loaded onto an aircraft will also have the expertise to package it in a manner that would allow it to avoid suspicion. They would have no need to sneak it onboard an unsecured package car; they could simply place it in a recycled Office Depot or Amazon.com box, take it down to the local UPS store, and ship it Next Day Air to a fictitious address on the other side of the country.

Its always an "option"...the only difference is that, with Telematics, if the car moves with the door open you will show up on a report and someone wearing a tie will come to you the next day with a copy of that report and whine about it.

I still havent figured out why they spent all the money on the wiring and sensors that do nothing but generate a report, when it would be a simple matter to hook the sensors directly into the ignition of the vehicle and prevent it from starting unless the door was closed and the seatbelt was buckled. 100% compliance, guranteed. Maybe it has to do with providing job security for the management people who apparently have nothing better to do with their time than to run around all day with a stack of reports.
that is exactly what we said when it came out but we are all dishonest so
this system is only here to be the lord and master or total control.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Since Safety is always first, maybe we should no longer be allowed to accept packages handed to us from random people on the street.