Scott Davis UPSers.com

705red

Browncafe Steward
Yes, click on the comments and read tehm, people are still clueless. This country is filled with STUPID people! We are deporting the wrong people IMO.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Unfortunately it will also stop some people from getting care they really need to get well.

It will not stop them.
That person will make a choice.
We all make choices as we go through life.
I don't know if I made the right choice in not having the MRI's done but it was my choice.
Same way with my car - I change oil about every 7,000 miles.
If it was free to me, I would get it changed every 3,000 miles like the oil marketeers would like for me to do.
I make a choice and I deal with the consequences.

tieguy

Banned
You side with the company, just like the people in UPSers.com. I will see you in 2013 when your company takes 162 bucks out for your health care. In 2014 it will be 212 a month, I cant wait to hear you then big boy.

you expected a ups employee would side with fdx on this issue? what a stupid argument.

looks like the troll that started this thread has dissapeared.

airbusfxr

Yes I disappeared to work double shift to make Cobalt boat payment. Added to retro check plus had to go to Derby with a bunch of UPSers. More things to do than worry about a bunch of sups and mgrs that pay for insurance. I am worried about all the IBT and IPA union workers that make UPS what it is. We have not run off enough mgr to turn a profit since most only sit and stare at internet all day while drivers, pilots, mechanics, loaders, and admin run operations. Sorry about not getting back have life to live. Airbusfxr is ready to be released from Mediation.

SteeltownBrown

No, I prefer to think of myself as a realist and someone who is able to assess the situation and adjust accordingly.

Healthcare will be a huge part of the negotiations leading up to 2013. Obamacare will only add to the mix. As I said, I fully expect to begin paying, in one way or another, for my healthcare. We will be at $32/hr+ by 2013--freeze the wage at the point and continue to pay for my healthcare and I will be satisifed.

In a year when many companies were happy to not lose money, UPS netted $2.6 billion and have continued to pay a healthy dividend on their stock. Good sized pay increase for upper management as well as cost of living. Should anyone be resigned to accepting a pay freeze this early into our contract? I am reasonably sure that UPS sees FedEx as the largest threat their kingdom has ever seen. With that threat looming in the background, if the employees would show some kind unity I would think the company would be a little more flexible with the pursestrings.

mrv

In a year when many companies were happy to not lose money, UPS netted $2.6 billion and have continued to pay a healthy dividend on their stock. Good sized pay increase for upper management as well as cost of living. Should anyone be resigned to accepting a pay freeze this early into our contract? I am reasonably sure that UPS sees FedEx as the largest threat their kingdom has ever seen. With that threat looming in the background, if the employees would show some kind unity I would think the company would be a little more flexible with the pursestrings.
I think Upstate is right. With 3 years to go on your Contract you should ask for concessions now....take a pay cut and go ahead and pay for your insurance. Lot less grief if you do it now. If 2727 had done that 7 years ago we would not be in the mess we are in now! :wink2:

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
One of the primary reasons that companies and insurance companies have pushed for employees to pay for healthcare, meet deductibles, co-pays, pay-as-you-go is that people think about whether the doctor visit, prescribed medicine or procedures are really needed when they are paying for part of the cost.
A significant portion of prescribed procedures are done simply to mitigate the risk of lawsuits by patients.

I have refused to get 2 MRIs in the last 2 years because I did not feel they were necessary. If my out-of-pocket was $0, then I probably would have got them.

Just some thoughts on this subject.

Personally, if I am paying for my health care out of my pocket already, I would be more inclined to have the unnecesarry procedures because I already paid for it!!

Paying a higher copay may have the effect you speak of but I doubt that sharing the cost of insurance would.

IMHO

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think Upstate is right. With 3 years to go on your Contract you should ask for concessions now....take a pay cut and go ahead and pay for your insurance. Lot less grief if you do it now. If 2727 had done that 7 years ago we would not be in the mess we are in now! :wink2:

You must certainly have reading comprehension issues or perhaps your Union blinders prevent you from proper comprehension. I never said that the current contract needs to be renegotiated but I do think that, barring any major recovery between now ans 2013, we all need to prepare ourselves for some sort of concession. This is the reality that we will face come 2013.

SteeltownBrown

I can see where concessions would be warranted if a company is in financial difficulty, but we are talking about a company that more often than not beats earnings forecasts. Even Jim Cramer on his CNBC show has talked about how much he liked UPS earnings potential since they "pantsed the Teamsters on this last contract. Sorry if I missed any posts on the situation with 2727, but I don't understand why anyone would take concessions before their contract expired. What is the problem there?

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Yes I disappeared to work double shift to make Cobalt boat payment. Added to retro check plus had to go to Derby with a bunch of UPSers. More things to do than worry about a bunch of sups and mgrs that pay for insurance. I am worried about all the IBT and IPA union workers that make UPS what it is. We have not run off enough mgr to turn a profit since most only sit and stare at internet all day while drivers, pilots, mechanics, loaders, and admin run operations. Sorry about not getting back have life to live. Airbusfxr is ready to be released from Mediation.

Guys like you is what is wrong with unions in general. Always with your hand out and absolutely not a shred of gratitude.

tieguy

Banned

and yet you keep crying poor here. go figure

mrv

You must certainly have reading comprehension issues or perhaps your Union blinders prevent you from proper comprehension. I never said that the current contract needs to be renegotiated but I do think that, barring any major recovery between now ans 2013, we all need to prepare ourselves for some sort of concession. This is the reality that we will face come 2013.

Maybe it would be wise to wait until 2013 before you start talking about taking concessions. By then we could be making Billions....oh I forgot we are already making Billions.:dissapointed:

airbusfxr

The comments on UPSers.com are up to 70, how many kiss @#$%^ does ups have on the payroll. I never have seen a bunch of people roll over and let Scott look like a hero, he takes them to the woodshed and they still love him, or say they do. I am glad I still have my 401k match, thanks Scott. Sad.