Screwed out of vacation

MN driver

Specifically asked for a certain week of vacation on my vacation form, was denied, said it was already full. Then found out someone with less seniority was given that week. Can anything be done?

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSGUY72

Specifically asked for a certain week of vacation on my vacation form, was denied, said it was already full. Then found out someone with less seniority was given that week. Can anything be done?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Yes, File a grievance tomorrow don't wait. Make sure you have a copy of the weeks you wanted and then were given. Not what weeks that your weren't given and the people with less seniority that were given those dates and there seniority date....

Driver with more seniority can't trade weeks with drivers with less seniority unless every driver in between then agree so if they say driver 10 traded with driver 50 on the seniority list and your driver 35 that a bunch of BS...

Sent using BrownCafe App
We don't ask for weeks. We sign up in seniority order. When a week is full nobody else can sign up for it. Been like that for 25 years.

oldngray

nowhere special
As long as you didn't turn in your vacation request late you should get those weeks, but UPS does frequently screw up things like that.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I try to get screwed on my vacations.
Boy-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
We traded weeks all the time-- and it never involved anyone other than the two who wanted to switch vacations.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
So glad I don't have those issues to deal with. All I have to do is make sure I don't try for the same weeks as my fellow mechanic and I have seniority.:happy-very:

Re-Raise

We traded weeks all the time-- and it never involved anyone other than the two who wanted to switch vacations.
I have done it for guys a couple of times who wanted a week in the summer and weren't high enough in seniority. But I understand how that is unfair to the drivers between us in seniority to not have the same chance at those weeks, so I refuse to do it anymore.

rod

Retired 22 years
I have done it for guys a couple of times who wanted a week in the summer and weren't high enough in seniority. But I understand how that is unfair to the drivers between us in seniority to not have the same chance at those weeks, so I refuse to do it anymore.

I guess I don't see it that way. If someone with more seniority wanted that week off they could have asked me first to trade.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
There shouldn't be any trading period, it violates the whole principle of bidding in seniority order. I would absolutely file on it if I heard about whether it involved me directly or not.

There shouldn't be any trading period, it violates the whole principle of bidding in seniority order. I would absolutely file on it if I heard about whether it involved me directly or not.
The grieving driver should obtain 1 week from each of the violating parties.