Seasonal Package Delivery Driver?

Re-Raise

Wow you guys are tough on the poor new guy. It might be Jonathon Martin looking for a new gig and you guys already scared him off.

So true you don't know what ups really would do , they are more of a drug and rape kinda place

are you serious about that or just trying to be funny like the useless other clowns here who offer zero value to this post and most likely everything else they do

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
are you serious about that or just trying to be funny like the useless other clowns here who offer zero value to this post and most likely everything else they do

In case you didn't notice, this useless clown did post a link to try to help you.

Every year, we get inundated with posts from wannabes like you asking us how to get hired. It gets old, NewGuyWho's NeverGonnaGetHired.

Even if Parcel tells you they are hiring you as a helper, you will be 3rd string at best. Be prepared to sit by the phone all day, every day until Christmas.

Sincerely,

A Retired, but still Useless Clown

jaker

trolling
You really believe that ups is a drug and rape kinda place , that right there is funny well make sure to bring your knee pads

barnyard

KTM rider

Nice.

Do a crappy search, do not read what has already been written hundreds of times and then get your panties in a wad because you get smart alec responses.

You should probably call yourself a wahhhhhhmbulance

In case you didn't notice, this useless clown did post a link to try to help you.

Every year, we get inundated with posts from wannabes like you asking us how to get hired. It gets old, NewGuyWho's NeverGonnaGetHired.

Even if Parcel tells you they are hiring you as a helper, you will be 3rd string at best. Be prepared to sit by the phone all day, every day until Christmas.

Sincerely,

A Retired, but still Useless Clown

If it gets old maybe you should stop reading them.
So based on your opinion it's wrong for people to look for jobs?
They're wannabes? Wanna be what? You?
Yeah, I'd get tired of reading people who want to be like you also.
Perhaps you should find something usefull to do in retirement instead of spreading negativity and bitterness.
Upstate was the only one who replied something helpful.
Remember you started out once and didn't know anything. Was that a crime?
You should be thankful you had a career until retirement. That's rare these days. Again – being negative to people who are looking for jobs shows your level of maturity. If UPS hired and kept someone like you all the way to retirement perhaps I don't want to work for them after all.

So actually your contributions to this post has been very helpful. I stand corrected – thank you.

Nice.

Do a crappy search, do not read what has already been written hundreds of times and then get your panties in a wad because you get smart alec responses.

You should probably call yourself a wahhhhhhmbulance

Was that funny?
Hired off the street as a driver during holidays have been posted? Really?
according to your kin folk, posted here, thats not true. But thanks for trying.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If it gets old maybe you should stop reading them.
So based on your opinion it's wrong for people to look for jobs?
They're wannabes? Wanna be what? You?
Yeah, I'd get tired of reading people who want to be like you also.
Perhaps you should find something usefull to do in retirement instead of spreading negativity and bitterness.
Upstate was the only one who replied something helpful.
Remember you started out once and didn't know anything. Was that a crime?
You should be thankful you had a career until retirement. That's rare these days. Again – being negative to people who are looking for jobs shows your level of maturity. If UPS hired and kept someone like you all the way to retirement perhaps I don't want to work for them after all.

So actually your contributions to this post has been very helpful. I stand corrected – thank you.
Cosmo's point is this a forum for current and retired ups employees, not a help wanted forum on craigslist....and don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out....

gregdutchmol

I am glad I saw this....OMG. Deleting my post on introduction thread haha. I openly stated that I can assume that this is the time of year where you see a lot of posts like these, so I am not ignorant to what is going on.

Although...I am a #newguywannabe. I just got hired as a seasonal helper...and it was funny because at my mother's office, there is a lady that works there. I told her that I was going to do my best to get into UPS as a full time job, and that I would do extra work if needed...while saying that I did a certain hand gesture :P.

Anyways, this thread was totally worth the read.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I am glad I saw this....OMG. Deleting my post on introduction thread haha. I openly stated that I can assume that this is the time of year where you see a lot of posts like these, so I am not ignorant to what is going on.

Although...I am a #newguywannabe. I just got hired as a seasonal helper...and it was funny because at my mother's office, there is a lady that works there. I told her that I was going to do my best to get into UPS as a full time job, and that I would do extra work if needed...while saying that I did a certain hand gesture :P.

No, don't delete your post. The introduction thread is where I tried to direct the OP.

​Probably much more amenable to newbies over there.

cb1969

Dress professional no need to wear suit and tie...it will probably be a blend of both with you going and getting a dot physical and a road test driving a manual. It will be for a seasonal only job that might turn to permanent more than likely not full time or driving after seasonal. the offer is the same for everyone I believe it is 16.10. good luck

cb1969

there is always a chance a very slim chance. Yes they hire drivers just for the season. UPS hires most employees as seasonal only to test them out without being stuck keeping the bad ones...

I have never heard of such a thing about hiring drivers , so they hire drivers just for the season is there anyway you can get hired on permanent and skip over being seasonal

DriveAlot

Dress professional no need to wear suit and tie...it will probably be a blend of both with you going and getting a dot physical and a road test driving a manual. It will be for a seasonal only job that might turn to permanent more than likely not full time or driving after seasonal. the offer is the same for everyone I believe it is 16.10. good luck

100% right- my friend just "interviewed" for this and thats what he said.

DriveAlot

No need to be hesitant of simply writing in a forum – that's what they're for.Just because you and the other new guy haven't been officially "indoctrinated" into a place such as UPS or to a much lesser extent, this form, doesn't mean you're writing here is inappropriate.
You dont owe anybody any explanation.
I think some of these posters here have delusions of grandeur. Rep Power points and number of posts are what they
are about- hows that working for you guys? " oohh look at me, I'm cool cuz Im more brainwashed about life at UPS than the newbies "

UPS company seems to have a very sophisticated method for making employees conform and earn their positions.
Nothing really wrong with that actually however let's get back to real life and stop doing this to one another for no reason especially when we all need help at some point. Everyone except the forum studs that is...

DriveAlot

For the searching impaired: click here

If you could not find anything about seasonal drivers and you say you did a search, turn in your internet card, you suck.

Your cute animation assumed new guy knew about this site to begin with and resulted in post that were not only outdated but didn't answer his question. Also, his comments were similar to those who were employees.

Next time get your facts straight before insulting someone and wasting time making cute links.