Seems FedEx is this years late delivery headline maker

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Because it only actually happens with a small percentage of deliveries each day.

That can't be true. I see an express, ground and HD delivering the same stops I do all day long. It takes 4 express and 3 ground and 1 HD to deliver my area route.

How that is effective or efficient is beyond me

bbsam

Staff member
That can't be true. I see an express, ground and HD delivering the same stops I do all day long. It takes 4 express and 3 ground and 1 HD to deliver my area route.

Maybe Express and Ground. All probably not. We occasionally see HD has delivered to the same stop Ground had butchers vast majority of HD really is residential while most Ground is 80% B to B. Besides, X charges a premium for Ground deliveries to residential addresses.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Maybe Express and Ground. All probably not. We occasionally see HD has delivered to the same stop Ground had butchers vast majority of HD really is residential while most Ground is 80% B to B. Besides, X charges a premium for Ground deliveries to residential addresses.
I remember one day I delivered on a street and watched express,ground and HD go to the same house. I see it a lot especially in very dense areas.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I remember one day I delivered on a street and watched express,ground and HD go to the same house. I see it a lot especially in very dense areas.

I've seen this also. But, I also noticed. They don't seem to know each other. They don't say a word to each other. They deliver then head back. Like no one else is near

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
How many miles and time does it take to get from your center to the route? Route density, distance between stops, and many other variables can make 2 routes with the same total mileage completely different.
Oh trust me I know. 1 mile is not equal to all other miles. Management has been told that by me 1000 times.

Purplepackage

Ok well saying it takes 4 express guys to do your route is basically a lie lol theres usually 2 or 3 ups guys on 1 express route

upsgrunt

Wut?

I've ran 240 miles route. Hell I've run 300 mile route with 100 stops. It sucks and it's a 11-12 hour day but can be done.

Two times this past peak I had over 200 stops and over 200 miles, and was real close a third. It does suck, but it can be done- biggest day was a 14.54

newfie

Amazon IS the problem. They were offering "Christmas delivery" as of Tuesday. That is absurd. We can't perform miracles.scenario; I order a toy Tuesday morning as a Christmas present from Amazon. The order is processed,picked and shipped Tuesday by 14:00 and put in an outbound trailer.It sits in the trailer until the carrier picks it up,hopefully by 19:00. As long as Amazon got it in the correct trailer it is unloaded and processed through the system on midnight sort Since it was ordered Tuesday,Amazon sends it 2nd day. Guess what? It's Wednesday,early morning,and my gift is just now leaving a package facility. I'll be realistic,I live in Atlanta and want the package sent to Chicago. Amazon,hopefully,routed the order to a facility near Chicago and it doesn't have to go to a couple of break hubs before it reaches the local center for delivery. It is now Thursday morning,it spent Wednesday in transit,and pre-load is loading in a car with 300 other stops. If the weather cooperates,no one mis-loads the package at one of several points along the route,it will get delivered.

This year,Amazon,should have cut-off Christmas delivery Friday,December 18th.

newsbreak if we don't do it , amazon will deliver their own.