Sent Home but got 401k paperwork?

I have to be honest, this seems like an underhanded way to either get rid of you or string you along until peak starts when the free period begins. I don't understand why they would be stringing you along this far into it as most, (not always, but most) of the time making it that far into qualifying, you would have made book.

Something isn't right and I would immediately get on the horn and call your local to find out what is going on.
Great idea Scoob

optikz

And on the off chance he did get handed the job from Day 1, why is the OP sitting at home allowing them to say don't come in. You're FT. Show up and demand your 8 hours

not sure if the op was hired in full time off the street. I was told I was full time off the street. I know someone at the sane center who came in full time permanent driving. if they are lying to me, then I guess I'll find out eventually. out of the 15 or so guys that were in line to interview that day, they all left saying "good luck, there's only 1 full time permanent position"

just wouldn't understand why they would not just be upfront if it is seasonal, rather than push "full time permanent " down your throat lol.

ManInBrown

not sure if the op was hired in full time off the street. I was told I was full time off the street. I know someone at the sane center who came in full time permanent driving. if they are lying to me, then I guess I'll find out eventually. out of the 15 or so guys that were in line to interview that day, they all left saying "good luck, there's only 1 full time permanent position"

just wouldn't understand why they would not just be upfront if it is seasonal, rather than push "full time permanent " down your throat lol.
honestly i don't know. and don't really care. good luck to you

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
HERE, we recently hired THREE Full Time permanent Feeder Drivers off the street. Full Time permanent from day one.
I work in a building with 200 package car drivers and NONE wanted to go to Feeders.
It boggles my mind.... Starting at UPS as a FT Feeder driver!

That happened at one of our hub centers. They put up a 20-slot bid sheet for FT feeders and only 5 from in-house signed up. The rest they had to outsource. "scraping the bottom of the barrel" was the phrase uttered by HR.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I tried to sign the feeder list but a sup took it down right after it was posted...I mean uh the staples somehow didn't work and it must have blown off the wall

twoweeled

I'm not saying someone can't "eventually" gain a FT position off the street. We all know that happens.

I have never heard of someone being handed a FT position off the street on Day 1.
I'm not sure what you mean by:
being handed a FT position off the street on Day 1.
I have seen people who were not employed by UPS, and had interviews, and got hired as a package car driver. they came in for orientation. They received uniforms and started on a date (usually around Oct). They were layed off after peak (as they do EVERY chance they get). Were brought back around Feb of the following year to start their probation over again.
I have seen that, more than once. The truth is, they always know someone up the ladder. But I've seen it happen a few times.
Is this what you meant?

twoweeled

And on the off chance he did get handed the job from Day 1, why is the OP sitting at home allowing them to say don't come in. You're FT. Show up and demand your 8 hours
I think the key is; it appears he hasn't passed probation yet. I understand he's at 39 days of 40 day probation.