Sept 8th Presidental Address to children across America

over9five

Staff member
It is against the TOS, as I've been politely reminded. As far as the avatar, it seems to sum up all the concerns you, and your cohorts have expressed about our duly elected leader.

Holy Mackerel! Your avatar is our President in a Hitler mustache??? That is kinda extreme, don't you think?

My "cohorts" and I are appalled!

diesel96

:sad-little:Diesel 96'
As you stated --your hangup. There are many American's who are not "Bush" deserting Republican's.
If the Liberal press will let you --you will see that T party Americans are DEMS,REPUBS and Ind --but most of all Americans who are tired of the wasteful spending of our politicians. Since you like to classify people --I will classify you --you are an Obama Kool Aid drinker ----enjoy it until even the Kool aid will be taxed out of you range .
Personally I am sick of the Kool AID drinkers on both sides .
If you cannot see OBAMA is not change but just a typical Lobby loving,special interest group politician there is nothing else to be said.
How much better our great country would and could be ----if any Politician truly did what he said he would and not care about the Lobbies.
Lets see Obama today ---AFL-CIO -----CHECKMATE !!!!
The unions always have and always will prevent true change to our primary education system !!!:dissapointed:

If in turn you refer to the mainstream press as liberal...that's a typical republican defensive posture...in fact most statements possessing labling, stero-typing, mis-information, union bashing typo's with-out any factual evidense get filed in the purely emotional opinion section.

I see you refer to Tea Baggers as T Party Americans, and conclude without any evidense, their an equal mix of Dems, Rep's and Ind's....An equal mix of Americans ? Are you serious ? That's laughable, unless your zip code's from the bible belt. Besides taxation, (which they got all wrong) teabaggers openly promote the Hitler/Obama comparison, the birther syndrome, and the rest of the psyco talk coming out of that click. That's your view of Americana.....that is warped ! Now-a-days, drinking the tea is alot more disturbing then the kool-aid.....

klein

Für Meno :)
And another note, it's been announced today GW Bush is comming to our City for a speech Oct 28th (just in time for Holloween) ! Tickets are $99 and $139.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Funny, it was reported that teddy K read to school children on a regular schedule and everyone said that was a good thing, but Bush did it and it was a national disgrace. So explain to me how come a drunken killer is better at reading to children ?

Hmmm, very interesting question BABAGANOUSH...

Here's my answer:

You must be referring to LAURA BUSH, who while driving drunk as a teen killed a person, then went on to become the first lady and read to many children in classrooms for 8 drastic years.

I am sure this is what you are talking about.

:peaceful:

DS

Fenderbender
I really want to delete that photo because of the horror that hitler reigned,you comparing him to Obama is a stretch.I think you are just trying to sell the t shirts.

over9five

Staff member
If in turn you refer to the mainstream press as liberal...that's a typical republican defensive posture...in fact most statements possessing labling, stero-typing, mis-information, union bashing typo's with-out any factual evidense get filed in the purely emotional opinion section.

I see you refer to Tea Baggers .....

Is not the term "Tea Baggers" a typical democrat defensive posture?

I feel the term says a lot more about the person using it than the people they're trying to label.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Hmmm, very interesting question BABAGANOUSH...

Here's my answer:

You must be referring to LAURA BUSH, who while driving drunk as a teen killed a person, then went on to become the first lady and read to many children in classrooms for 8 drastic years.

I am sure this is what you are talking about.

:peaceful:
Wrong on both assumptions; Babaganoush did not post anything.
And I wasn't referring to L bush but to Fatboy Kennedy.
Kind of late you showing up for this topic,tos.
been hiding under another name ?

diesel96

I really want to delete that photo because of the horror that hitler reigned,you comparing him to Obama is a stretch.I think you are just trying to sell the t shirts.

DS, it's a parody toward Bama Bashers who are the ones guilty of resurrecting this message of hate and evil, to use against our president......think of it as foot in mouth disease..

Is not the term "Tea Baggers" a typical democrat defensive posture?

I feel the term says a lot more about the person using it than the people they're trying to label.

You can't get more descriptive than "Tea Baggers", after all they decided to emmulate the Tea Party protest of the 1700's. I would say, they named themselves....

I'm glad the school speech flap is past. Much to do about nothing.

In fact, if you woke up from a coma, and listen to this speech, one would get the impression that it was given by a Conservative....How foolish does one feel now who were ranting and raving about Obama indoctrinating our children into little commie bastards....:rofl:

Wrong on both assumptions; Babaganoush did not post anything.
And I wasn't referring to L bush but to Fatboy Kennedy.
Kind of late you showing up for this topic,tos.
been hiding under another name ?

From the Conservative handbook......when losing an argument drum up Teddy "the murderer" into play....If all else fails, throw the kitchen sink at the opposition, the Clintons, Pelosi, Reid and Frank.....

over9five

Staff member
From the Conservative handbook......when losing an argument drum up Teddy "the murderer" into play....If all else fails, throw the kitchen sink at the opposition, the Clintons, Pelosi, Reid and Frank.....

From the Liberal handbook.......when losing an argument drum up Bush "the inept" into play......If all else fails, throw the kitchen sink at the opposition, Hannity, Beck, O'Reilly and Rove.....

Plenty of handbooks....

island1fox

:wink2:After the uproar --it was about the Lesson plan and the work assignments--the speech which was probably rewritten was based on conservative values. The funny thing is while he tells the children to stay in school ,grow contribute etc -----He continues to push every social program he can think of -to make people reliant on a huge government.
Speech was exactly opposite from :dissapointed: the way he governs.
Also I found it sad that this very simple speech --with common sense values could not be given by him without the TELEPROMPTER.
The live shot of the Virginia High school students --watching him read the speech instead of looking directly in their eyes was actually sad.

diesel96

The duplicity of the Arligton School District

Go ahead, BUS the kids to the stadium celebrity event featuring GW with tax payer money, no big deal, but on the hand, censor the President's message from schoolgrounds ? Says alot about the make-up of the adults in Arlington....

To those who raise the issue that the President's speech to the children of America was RE-WRITTEN.

My own state Rep Florida RNC Chair made that claim on CNN, although he embarrassingly admitted he had no knowledge nor proof that the speech had in fact been re-written.

Oh, one more thing....The RNC finds out Obama's speech to schoolchildren. This is priceless......Sorry to offend those using this popular hitler scene as a median of the message....

av8torntn

"The idea that we should be ‘inspired’ by winners of political elections — the notion that successful politicians have some special wisdom to impart — the stupid consensus that high political office renders its holders unusually trustworthy when delivering clusters of cliches — is intolerable to men and women who value freedom and individuality."

http://cafehayek.com/2009/09/not-a-brick-in-any-wall.html

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
"When a candidate for public office faces the voters he does not face men of sense; he faces a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas, or even of comprehending any save the most elemental — men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion, and whose dominant emotion is dread of what they cannot understand. So confronted, the candidate must either bark with the pack or be lost... All the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre — the man who can most adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum. The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men. As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright maroon."

- H.L. Mencken

Catatonic

Nine Lives
"When a candidate for public office faces the voters he does not face men of sense; he faces a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas, or even of comprehending any save the most elemental — men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion, and whose dominant emotion is dread of what they cannot understand. So confronted, the candidate must either bark with the pack or be lost... All the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre — the man who can most adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum. The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men. As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright maroon."

- H.L. Mencken

Amen ... that's all it's been for the last eleven years.

klein

You don't even know how stupid this looked worldwide. School closures, or pulling kids out of school.
For no good reason, other then (let you fill in the blanks)..

And, I'm wondering what these countries are thinking that you are invading (Afgans and Iraqis)... they must wonder now why are you even there ?

Fighting for what ? A president, a country leader that we don't trust ?
We had that for years. What change do you want us to do ?

I seen a news article yesterday. The world wants to get out of the American currency for buying commodities, and is working on a new global currency to replace it.

Good luck with your stubbornness, where absoultely no change is welcome, by either side.
But, that's good for another thread, kinda like the UPS one :
Will the USA ever be the same as we know it ?

My answer is NO !

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You don't even know how stupid this looked worldwide. School closures, or pulling kids out of school.
For no good reason, other then (let you fill in the blanks)..

And, I'm wondering what these countries are thinking that you are invading (Afgans and Iraqis)... they must wonder now why are you even there ?

Fighting for what ? A president, a country leader that we don't trust ?
We had that for years. What change do you want us to do ?

I seen a news article yesterday. The world wants to get out of the American currency for buying commodities, and is working on a new global currency to replace it.

Good luck with your stubbornness, where absoultely no change is welcome, by either side.
But, that's good for another thread, kinda like the UPS one :
Will the USA ever be the same as we know it ?

My answer is NO !
You might want to step back a bit Klein, you're becoming too emotionally invested in your big dumb southern neighbor :happy-very:

klein

You might want to step back a bit Klein, you're becoming too emotionally invested in your big dumb southern neighbor :happy-very:

Another news article from yesterday. The Bank of Canada is considering printing more money, just to stop our Canadian Dollar on the strong rising trend it has towards the greenbuck.
(we can't lower interesst rates anymore, they are already at 0.25%).

But, we would need the EU and Asia to particpate. Otherwise, we would lose against other currencies as well.

MY opinion is, sure print more money (all of us), but give every citizen a $1000 out of it (except Americans), they can't particpate.
Or even a $1000 US gift certificate, for anyone travelling to the US.
That would make your economy pick up.

We shall see what the future holds, but no, printing more money is not really an option. (but, it's in the article).